Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SportQuattro exhaust manifold flow and restrictions

Hi,

Im building 2.5L for my S2 nowadays and got some questions for choice of exhaust manifold. Im considering a SQ manifold with the use of EFR 7670 or maybe the 8374. A friend of mine got a similar setup on his 2.2L with SQ manifold ( MTM version ) and EFR 7670 and got about 500whp and huge powerband before the turbo was empty. He said that the SQ manifold was a bit tight in the collector and therefore its stops the top end power.

Is there any other or better versions of the SQ version that flows better? Or got a better solution for the collector regarding flow ? Im talking about the T3 version.

I want to have a cast manifold on this engine because of the OEM look , shape and durability. I`ve seen CP-Service delieveres tubular manifolds custom build for the EFR turboes. Anyone tried them out ?

My goal is about 530-600whp on 98 and wath/meth. Huge powerband is essential.

Thanks in advance

I use the oem SQ manifold and will be trying the Wagner SQ which has much better flow. Unfortunately they are not made anymore so I'm guessing it's going to be.something custom made after that

Comment

L&S Cartec makes them.

Comment

If the wagner flows better than the mtm SQ version im very excited to test it on my setup. This is from the weekend. a friend of mines car. 2.2 SQ mtm manifold, EFR 7670 T3, 98RON and 1 nozzle per sylinder wath/meth. Daily driver

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 7 photos.

Comment

The Wagner (now Cartec) RS2 EVO exhaust manifold was tested against the original OE, RS2 and SQ EMs and it out flowed all of them. The Wagner SQ EM was the best. Not sure if Cartec is doing that one though.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/80650.phtml

Stock RS2:

Wagner SQ

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
          X