No announcement yet.

Anyone fitted a Honda S2000 air filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fitted a Honda S2000 air filter?

Just wondering if anybody has fitted the standard oem cone airfilter from an S2000 on to their audi's?

if you have, I'm interested to know exactly what size silicone coupler/joiner you used.

Apparently the S2000 filter is a great mod, as it is made from paper so you get the same high quality filtration as a standard panel, plus the noise of an open cone.

It even has its own velocity stack designed into the neck of the filter. Sounds good to me, just got to make sure I'm buying the right sized ID for the joiner.

apparently silicone doesn't stretch or squish very much?
    C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
    2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
    Schrick 272 cam
    C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
    ITG filter

Got a picture of one? I think it must be about 76mm
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

its the heat that makes a cone bad not the filtration.

tests over many years have shown airbox beats cone on most cars. presume honda sit cone in a box? id say stick with the box till the hp means its no longer viable.

for reference i use a cone about a 300mm long and maybe 100mm across. it lives behind the front mount. never hot/ never an issue. its a unifilter part from a subaru many yrs old.

Comment

Interesting experiment on different airfilters, i was surprised how little difference each made for the HP the engine was making.

91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
          Got a picture of one? I think it must be about 76mm

i think it's 80 mm. I'm actually trying to fit it to an L series diesel rover engine which also has an 80 mm maf/intake I think.

someone mentioned I might need an 86mm coupler but I can't find that size? Only 83mm or 89mm.

i know it's not an audi but I am planning to fit the same type filter to a 3.0l tdi A6 once I've found one.

i think people have used a silicone reducer on their audis though.

filter only cost £13! So pretty good value if you ask me!

​​​​​​

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Schrick 272 cam
          C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
          ITG filter

Comment

is that photo your engine and the filter you are fitting? I would probably measure it to find out what size adapter you need. or go on a Honda forum and have a snoop.

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
              is that photo your engine and the filter you are fitting? I would probably measure it to find out what size adapter you need. or go on a Honda forum and have a snoop.
              Yeah... The hondas use the standard oem rubber hose with the car, so I don't suppose they have this dilemma.

i found this filter mod through Google and seems pretty common on another audi site. But I'm not a member so I guess I just hoped somebody on here had done the same filter mod too.

The ID is 80mm but the external diameter is 85mm? I think? But like I say, I can't find a silicone coupler with an 85mm ID .

But must exist cause lots of audi pictures on Google with this filter fitted.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Schrick 272 cam
              C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
              ITG filter

Comment

External diameter is 85mm. An 83mm silicone coupler will probably fit.
                1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Its more likely 86mm outside as from looking at the generic silicone hoses adapters i've bought in the past, 3mm wall thickness seems the norm. 83mm won't stretch to that (one of the benefits of siliccone hoses is burst resistance) i suggest get the 89mm you found and squash it down with a wide jubillee clip. I did similar on a big MAF conversion on my 7a, it worked o.k but isn't as good as getting the correct size, which you can't get.

Comment

Working...
                  X