Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 3B Downpipe options.

Hello,

Mu s2 with 3B engine have downpipe what is little rusted and needs repairing. If i will take it to repair then it will cost to me also. I have on my car full 3" exhaust system. Only DP is original.
    Is there any benefits to build 3"downpipe? Must it be Stainless steel or can be ordinary steel pipe ?

Really? Nobody knows?

Comment

With original k24 you dont feel the effect and you gain nothing!

With modified k26 / rs2 k24.7200 / k27/26 must have!
      1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
      *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
      1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Originally posted by Kiku View Post
        With original k24 you dont feel the effect and you gain nothing!

With modified k26 / rs2 k24.7200 / k27/26 must have!
        Thank you for help! I tought that 3" DP is little better. I have little modified engine but not turbo.

Comment

Even a stock S2 with stock exhaust will benefit from a good 3" downpipe. It makes more difference than the rest of the exhaust system. And the most important part is the first 5-10" of the turbo. It's because the stock k24 is the biggest restriction point on the engine. Everything you can do to help the k24 exhaust side to breath easier will make things better.

Comment

Originally posted by JariP View Post
            Even a stock S2 with stock exhaust will benefit from a good 3" downpipe. It makes more difference than the rest of the exhaust system. And the most important part is the first 5-10" of the turbo. It's because the stock k24 is the biggest restriction point on the engine. Everything you can do to help the k24 exhaust side to breath easier will make things better.
            Thank you for help! Is there some difference if i make steel pipe or stainless steel pipe? Prize difference is big and i think there is no difference other than looking.

Comment

Originally posted by ristokru View Post
              Hello,

Mu s2 with 3B engine have downpipe what is little rusted and needs repairing. If i will take it to repair then it will cost to me also. I have on my car full 3" exhaust system. Only DP is original.
              Is there any benefits to build 3"downpipe? Must it be Stainless steel or can be ordinary steel pipe ?
              Are you planning on bigger turbo if so yes 3” would benefit it, strange you’ve gone 3” cat back first but kept dp standard I would of done it first but that’s me all best michael

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post

Are you planning on bigger turbo if so yes 3” would benefit it, strange you’ve gone 3” cat back first but kept dp standard I would of done it first but that’s me all best michael
                Hello,

Just now i want stock turbo. I want someday to put rs2 hybrid turbo to it put not more.
                Just now stock turbo but chip and rs2 EM installed.

So right now i understand that original DP is ok? No power gains with 3"DP?

Comment

If you are repairing the dp I would rather spend it towards a new 3” dp instead. When you fit the rs2 turbo it will benefit you.

Comment

3b downpipe untill catalitic converters is not the best thing you can use. bigger downpipe will help you.

Comment

Will i see any sound differences or power gains if i use 3" DP?

Comment

its not a magical pipe so dont expect to mutch it will bring something but 50 or 100 hp. it will be an improvment to spool and it will be a new piece that does not need a repair.

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
                          its not a magical pipe so dont expect to mutch it will bring something but 50 or 100 hp. it will be an improvment to spool and it will be a new piece that does not need a repair.
                          Are you sure that 3"DP with original turbo will give 50-100hp? I dont think so..

Comment

forgot the word not =D

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
                              forgot the word not =D
                              i thought that . So little better spool and thats it? But will it make sound little louder?

Comment

Working...
                              X