rs2 decat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rs2 decat

My mechanic is replacing the clutch and flywheel on my rs2 and when he took the super sprint stainless exhaust off he was surprised at how heavy it was and also thought it could be changed so the car could breath better. The down pipe comes down then it splits and goes through two cats back to one pipe through two resonators then out the rear of the car. He suggested sticking with one pipe from the down pipe, decat and then through one resonator. He is the guy who does my rego check so he will pass it even with the decat.
    I was thinking if I do then I could knock the guts out of one cat and weld a pipe through the middle so it’s the same diameter but looks like the cats there. Im just trying to find out if this would help the performance and how much?

If you still have the original RS2 cats they are 200cpi metal cores and almost perfectly shaped for flow. So not much to gain there.

Comment

having gone through various options, I'd say the one pipe straight to resonators is the best for flow and exhaust gas temperatures, while having a 100 cell cat is the other option to pass MOT, just needs some good thrashing before the check

Comment

I have 200 cell high flow cats but they are not the original I do t think. Being in Australia I don’t have the same tests forvrego as you do in the uk. No emissions test etc
        It just needs to be inspected by a mechanic registered to do so. They just check brakes, lights and that it’s all safe etc.
        The guy who inspects my car is the one who suggested we go single pipe and decat and seeing as though he is the one who will inspect it for registration then I’m sweet

Comment

Working...
        X