S2 ABY coupe 3" DP and exhaust conversion HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 ABY coupe 3" DP and exhaust conversion HELP

Does anybody have advice on modifications to the exhaust system after upgrades.

The car has had all the RS2 conversions done but it still has the standard ABY DP and exhaust system.

My plan is to remove the standard DP, cats. pipe to center box and the center box. I am having a 3" DP fabricated, from the DP to the first box a single 3" pipe and then into a new 3" center box. The standard back box will remain for now.

Is it advisable to have a flex joint fitted at the bottom of the DP?

ok so i have a 3" straight thru no cats, 1 box at the back. i have a flexy at the base of the dp, its actually in the middle bit. 1 box

i use some exhasut hangers that are basically bands that clamp on a pipe for ebay, i have one attached to the gearbox. then the usual hangers elsewhere, to be belt ans braces you could use one of the hanger son the dp also.

Comment

I put a flexi and a hanger at the bottom of the downpipe, then the centre section has a hanger off the centre diff bearing mount. Some pics in my project thread if that helps.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by orsum View Post

I am having a 3" DP fabricated,
        Make sure to have a second boss welded into the downpipe now to allow you to fit a probe for an air /fuel ratio meter, with the meter itself to be mounted in one of the three centre vents on the dash.

AEM do nice stuff - you could see what you think on their website - it gives good free info on the site also.

The first boss being for the factory oem lambda probe.

Comment

DP and exhaust done and well so far it sounds just like the OEM one I took off. Back box is still the original, having only done about 1000km since it was fitted I have left it alone for now.

Will post pics shortly.

Comment

Cannot wait for the Roose hose to arrive to see how it sounds when pressing the loud peddle.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X