Help!! fitting silicone hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! fitting silicone hose

I'm trying to fit the roose silicone hose on my aby, from the turbo to airbox. However i try it keeps hitting on the front panel and just seems too big??
    help please!!

Do you have any pics? Are you running standard setup?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

sorry. i should have said. going from stock aby to rs2 turbo, mani, intercooler....

Comment

I had Roose hoses for mine, when I was running RS2 IC,the hose that fits on the turbo hotside was a very tight squeeze, but did fit fine, it was especially difficult to get the clip on it...
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I have Roose hoses on my aby with no problems fitting them. they will be a tight fit. Your welcome to drive over to me reading, wokingham area and I will give you a hand if that helps any. PM me if you want my number. You can also ask roose they are a really good company and will help if they can. Good luck Lynn

Comment

made a phone call to roose who are really helpfull, the guy said to send some pics. i'll have another go later, i dont think i was using enough force.
            Thanks Lynn for the offer . i may have to take you up on it depending on how i get on .....

Comment

back to the drawing board. no chance of that fitting. It isnt going to stretch an inch an half

Attached Files

Comment

I was in the progress of fitting my ABY hose kit and just my luck the MAF to Turbo hose has a problem, it did fit but there was a problem in that it was hitting the cover towards the front of the car. This would have resulted in the hose getting damaged due to it rubbing on the front cover.

I contacted Paul at Roose and he has been very helpful. He sent me another hose. Still waiting for it to arrive. Thats another story.

Only hope the new hose size issue has been resolved.

Comment

The OD of a stock RS2 compresor inlet is @56mm. So the hose seems close but your turbo compressor inlet is larger from what I can see. That would explain the issue.

Comment

I agree, that is not a standard RS2 comp housing
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

K27 is @70mm OD! Can't really see any definitive clues to identify it. OP needs to check.

Comment

arghhh nooo!!! That did cross my mind. What is my way around this. Having something fabricated?
                        Cheers for the replys.

Comment

Perhaps if you make a grovelling apology to Roose they might be able to help! Not impossible that they have done something similiar before but it would still help to identify the compressor housing so that they have the relevant facts.

Comment

They do one for the GT Garrett but I think its too large diameter:
                            https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/audi-8...-hose-kit.html
                            You need the Goldilocks hose! Unfortunately the MAF hose is the most expensive one.

Comment

I can make an adapter ring to step up to the GT hose if that helps
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X