Source for chain reinforced rear exhaust rubbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for chain reinforced rear exhaust rubbers

Being quite heavy back boxes on the coupe quattro, the chain reinforced rubbers seem to be the only way of not having to replace rubbers every 6-12months. Standard rubbers also stretch quite a bit before snapping so your tailpipes end up looking out of place while waiting for the inevitable.

C+R enterprises do a chain reinforced option which doesn't stretch and does seem to be strong enough, unfortunately, mine have only really lasted 2-2.5 years and are now perished and the chain showing through in places.

The VAG equivalent is no longer available and the last 4 in the country at Coventry TPS don't actually seem to be there which is a shame.

Stuck for options, I checked polyurethane options and couldn't see any to suit the rear hangers and didn't want to have rock hard items to prevent vibrations transmitting through to the body...

Investigation uncovered that there is actually a Mercedes equivalent which I have got and on looks alone, suspect they may well be of much better quality than the c+r items. The moulding quality is better and the rubber seems of better quality than the slighlty shiny rubber the alternatives seem to be moulded in.

Mercedes part number A107 492 0044. I paid £14each Inc vat and they arrived next day for free at dealer.

Happy days.

Hopefully this info might be of use to someone!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Got mine of fleabay £15 each but worth it

Comment

How are these hangers holding up (pun intended) Steve?

Comment

I got the merc items, same issue, perished and chain showing through.

Must get round to changing them.

Comment

How long did yours last till they perished? That's not the sort of news i was hoping to hear, you would expect a good service life from a Mercedes dealer part ​​​​​​

Having said that, not far off a year under the back of my car - the hangers still look like new
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

5 years or so?

Comment

Just out of warranty - a perfectly engineered OEM component (if you’re an accountant).
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Suddenly it sounds more befitting of Mercedes / Germanic efficiency

Comment

Working...
                X