Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil inside ISV.

Hello,

is it normal that i found oil in ISV valve? Looks like more is from intake large pipe if i but finger to pipe side. IM side dont have so much oili surface.

How much oil? Condensing engine breathing vapours used to coat the inside of my ISV on my 7a.

Comment

Lets say finger is covered with black oil. With what you cleaned ISV? WD-40 is bad as some people have told.

Comment

It doesn't sound too bad what you describe.

If you use carburettor cleaner and blast out really well it will improve how it works. Be careful with cleaning with a tool but it might help to use a bit of cotton wool on a stick to rub away thicker layers. More carb cleaner, more cotton wool and repeat until clean.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Yep, nothing to worry about, air flow is rather slow through it, and closed when throttle is open, so oil just sits there accumulating.

Comment

I dont have in my arsenal Carb cleaner. Is contact cleaner also ok to use? I have also apc car detailing cleaners etc.

Comment

I guess contact cleaner would be o.k as it is a solvent. Degreaser would also work to remove oil but carb cleaner seems better at removing stubborn carbon deposits. The problem with wd40 is that it doesn't evaporate and very quickly, dirt sticks to it.

Comment

WD40 or similar light oil works
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                X