Cat Pipes for an ABY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Pipes for an ABY?

I've been pointed on the direction of a company called roadrunner but no joy.

They're saying that the only bypass pipes available are millteks and milltek will only sell them for £75 for each pipe and only with a cat back exhaust???

Anyone know if 3B cat bypass pipes will fit an ABY?

Where can I buy a set off the shelf??

Any other ideas besides custom?
    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

You should be able to have them made by any decent exhaust fabricator, they are only a slightly bent pipe, two flanges and the mounting bracket...

Good luck.

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

gut the cats well easy and cheaper
      94 s2 avant
      aoc member 1116

Comment

I would love to but I need them for mot time.

Called longlife...£300 for some cat pipes.

Home made job methinks.
        Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

3B ones don't fit. BTDT with the Miltek ones.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

ah really....? Just borrowed Steve's bypass pipes off his aby, are we saying that they are not interchangeable then with a 3b setup? Andy are they miles out or....?
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I'll tell you what i done on my ABY to remove the CATs...

Went to Powerflow and they took a look, they charged me £90 for the 2 pipes and as both CATs were shagged they just used the join parts from the old cats, so they simply needed to bend a small length of pipe.

Job was done in no time at all and spot on, i guess you might need to pay a lil extra if you need the flanges that bolt the pipes together at the join but i wouldnt expect to pay more than £150 for it.

Also to note that your car will no way on earth pass an emissions test for its MOT without CATs, unless its done on the dodge
              Last edited by S2 Ant; 30 March 2007, 15:25. Reason: correct my awful spelling!
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

cheers...i was going to hook the decats up and go find out how far out it is and then decide what level (if any) of performance cat to get put on...its an absolute sh*t to be 4 days the wrong side of the BET cat test
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Scorpian do them or used thats what i have on my ABY i think they were around the £150 mark but that was 7 years ago

Raj Aby

Comment

I dont think they do them anymore because i tried to get some but nowhere seemed to have them. I wait to be corrected though
                    1994 Indigo Blue S2 coupe
                    1994 80 Avant 1.9 TDI
                    2005 Yamaha Fazer 1000
                    1953 AJS Model 18S

Comment

ABY and 3B decats are different alright.
                      I'm still waiting for some 3B decat pipes I ordered a long time ago.
                      SS

Comment

Let me know how you get on David! That could be an interesting day under the car.

Cheers,

Steve.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

looks like they might be back quicker than we thought
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I can arrange some stainless decat pipes for the ABY. But they will cost about GBP 150,- excluding shipping.

I think a custommade in the UK would be about 30 to 40% cheaper.
                            www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

had a chat with the guy at Longlife who built my system 5 years ago in cardiff (purely by chance, just range their 0870 number) and it looks like my 3b will be getting a new exhaust which removes the Y section off the downpipe and the two cats and the Y section behind the cats to collect back into a single pipe and just have one inline 100cspi cat instead which should be enough to pass the BET test which my car falls into.

The upshot is minimal back pressure and the removal of the front Y which is very restrictive plus there will be almost as little backpressure as running no cat but wthout the need to change anything in order to get it through an emissions test.

Just to note that ABY cat bypass pipes don't fit the 3b, 3b requires just 2 x 10in long bypass pipe while the ABY has 2 x double bend pipes to fit inplace.

If anyone with a post Aug 92 3b is interested in doing the same i'll see if longlife is keen to run any discount on the job. Looking about £200 including the cat apparently which is a good price IMO.
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X