Wagner Intercooler question / advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagner Intercooler question / advice

Wagner have not really answered my questions re this https://www.wagner-tuning.uk/200001012.html and fitting to an S2... Anyone got any ideas? Or fitted one themselves. Many thanks

EMAIL

Hi there

OK - Like I'll be able to find those parts..... Talk about hens teeth lol.....

All the RS2 intake system is a bit vague to be honest

Your website also says "WAGNERTUNING EVO1 Gen.2 Intercooler Kit comes supplied with a stainless steel bracket for easy mounting to 3B or ABY cross member."

If it fits to an S2 or ABY cross member I fail to see what else Ill need!

Regards Tristan

On 30/09/2021 12:28, WagnerTuningUK wrote:
    Hi

Thank you for your interest.

Our contact page should now be working again.

Re the parts required to fit the intercooler to an S2, you will need all the RS2 intake system.

We don't have a list of part numbers unfortunately. The S2Forum should be able to help.

Kind regards

Pete

Wagner Tuning UK

Wagner IC is larger. the SS bracket is to offset the size, shifting 2 mounting points, holes.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Great thanks - So really it is a straight fit, using the supplied bracket pictured in the Wagner advert.

Comment

I had to cut some places on my S2 bumper to fit my Wagner intercooler.

Comment

Originally posted by kinaputt View Post
          I had to cut some places on my S2 bumper to fit my Wagner intercooler.
          I just installed one, plenty of clearance everywhere
          sigpic

Comment

Fitted one to aby avant last summer, two holes in the weld seam of cross member and all good-clearance (Clarence) as above

Comment

Originally posted by varia View Post

I just installed one, plenty of clearance everywhere
              S2 or RS2 bumper?

Comment

Originally posted by kinaputt View Post

S2 or RS2 bumper?
                S2 bumper but if you want, I can test it with the rs2 bumper, im sure it will fit
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trist28 View Post
                  Wagner have not really answered my questions re this https://www.wagner-tuning.uk/200001012.html and fitting to an S2... Anyone got any ideas? Or fitted one themselves. Many thanks
                  I had the same generic response mentioning RS2 parts, so simply didn't proceed, but this thread strongly suggests that it comes with everything needed and doesn't required any additional parts (from an RS2 or anything else).

So straighforward yes/no question... does that Wagner intercooler fit an S2 Coupe (ABY) without any parts except those it comes with (and any bolts/screws/fittings liberated while removing the current stock item)?
                  Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2 View Post

I had the same generic response mentioning RS2 parts, so simply didn't proceed, but this thread strongly suggests that it comes with everything needed and doesn't required any additional parts (from an RS2 or anything else).

So straighforward yes/no question... does that Wagner intercooler fit an S2 Coupe (ABY) without any parts except those it comes with (and any bolts/screws/fittings liberated while removing the current stock item)?
                    yes...
                    sigpic

Comment

Good luck trying to get one. It’s been 3 months or so I have been waiting now since I ordered. Keep putting date back.

Comment

I had an email today from Wagner UK saying it has been dispatched with fedex and wil be with me in 3 days.... They said no issue with stock of the coolers.

Who did you order with? I ordered from here https://www.wagner-tuning.uk

Originally posted by taycoss View Post
                        Good luck trying to get one. It’s been 3 months or so I have been waiting now since I ordered. Keep putting date back.

Comment

Originally posted by Trist28 View Post
                          I had an email today from Wagner UK saying it has been dispatched with fedex and wil be with me in 3 days.... They said no issue with stock of the coolers.

Who did you order with? I ordered from here https://www.wagner-tuning.uk

yeh same place ordered from. Keep getting email updates adding another month on. Full kit I was after. Showing none of the coolers in stock on site.

Comment

Just had the fedex delivery link - It will be with me tomorrow. The kit is a different IC though, and requires a reverse inlet too. Have you hassled them? To confirm this is what I ordered.

Capture11.JPG
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Trist28; 13 October 2021, 21:16.

Comment

Just checked how long ago I ordered and been waiting since 27th June. Keeps getting put back but hoping it comes on new date of 3rd December if not will be getting custom one made.

Comment

Working...
                              X