Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF cleaning time question.

Hi All,

Going to clean the MAF (poor running high MPG etc) so was wondering how long to leave it in the bath of IPA, have read some saying a couple of minutes but i also read somewhere that you can leave it overnight???
    Don't want to break it so how long is best???

Cheers.
    '94 ABY

Bob mine to a bath at approx 22.30hrs then emerged at 07.30 all the cleaner for the overnight dunking. The mesh panels are probably black and i adgatated mine with a paint brush, all came out looking like new. Loads of posts on here re this do a search mate some good piccies as iirc
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Cheers Laser, job for the weekend.
      '94 ABY

Comment

Not a prob, Bob easy job
        S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Hi
          If you use a aerosol of carb cleaner it works in a few minutes. Thats my recommendation!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Davidsinclair05 View Post
            Hi
            If you use a aerosol of carb cleaner it works in a few minutes. Thats my recommendation!
            but you've got to be careful near the maf wire
            as the force from the can could snap the wire
            1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
            2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
            3. H & R SPRINGS
            4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
            5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
            6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
            7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
            8. fmic fitted

Comment

Would go the softly softly overnight bathy route for safetys sake. My brothers mate sprayed brake cleaner over his and bust the wires unit then u/s and £100 to sort Be carefull out there guys and gals

Comment

Finally got this done (overnight bath) and i would recomend it to all, mpg went from 19 to 25 and car feels better.
                Havn't been on a long run yet but will have a blast during this week.
                '94 ABY

Comment

what bath do you guys mean?

Comment

Plastic tub (cut down 5ltr screen wipe bottle) filled with about 1.5ltrs IPA and dunk in MAF, gently swoosh about and leave overnight... Simple and effective.
                    '94 ABY

Comment

ah ok, but I don't know what kind of fluid IPA is

Comment

Isopropyl Alcohol

e.g.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...cohol&doy=13m3

I realise you might not have acces to a maplin, but this'll maybe give you an idea of what it is.
                        John Bowlerwell
                        Electronic Engineer

Present:
                        Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
                        Previous:
                        Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
                        Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

Can someone point me in the direction to a thread with pics? Can't seem to find one. Cheers.

Comment

I used brakecleaner, and cleaned the maf wires carefully with a small paint brush.

Comment

Your either braver than me, or got more money, or both

Comment

Working...
                              X