Fuel pressure regulator AAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pressure regulator AAN

Hello guys. The fuel pressure regulator on my S6 died. PN 0280160516. It had a gasoline leak on the vacuum line. I bought a new one but with a different Bosch number. PN0280160575. The guy at the store said it is a new number. When I removed the old one, I noticed that the fuel hole was twice as thin. Is this good, does anyone have experience? The car starts, runs, but...

Poslano sa mog SM-A135F koristeći Tapatalk

Attached Files
    1-2-4-5-3

I had the same same problem building a Cobra replica a few years ago. I would be very wary using it, especially if you have an uprated fuel pump. I doubt that regulator has the flow capacity to return enough fuel back to the tank, so unless your fuel pump has an internal pressure relief valve I reckon you're in trouble.
    I sourced a Weber Alpha regulator from Burtons in England which had the correct the larger internal diameter.

Comment

The fuel regulator behaves well. Operating pressure is fine. But after turning off the car, I have a problem of a sudden drop in fuel pressure. I bought a new Pierburg fuel pump. Now the fuel pressure does not drop quickly, but after one hour the pressure drops to zero. I took the fuel injectors out today, no leaks. It's dry under the car. Is it possible that the non-return valve on the new pump is faulty?

1-2-4-5-3

Comment

Hello guys. Today I measured the drop in fuel pressure towards the pump. The pressure drop was 1 bar after half an hour. That's not bad. Question, is the fuel pressure regulator closed when the car is turned off?

1-2-4-5-3

Comment

Working...
        X