Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust smell

Guys

Why is it that when I put the pedal to the floor for about ten seconds, a faint smell of exhaust gas is felt in the car regardless of speed.
    96 ABY coupe heavily modified: carbon gearshift knob and stronger front light bulbs and mcdonalds pommes at back seat. 96TKm.

Gabor
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Hmmm, Boot seal leaking? Rear light cluster seal?
    Ahh I know........it will be the delay that you get before the turbo kicks you in the back and propels you down the road at 140mph!!!! (no bragging from audiman!!)
    Seriously though, check boot and light cluster seals.Also check that your boot/tailgate is closing sufficiently to give a good seal.
    HTH
    Chris
    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Chris

Could it be that the small black rubber plug under the sparewheel is this important? I removed it once to let the oliva oil drip out of the boot after a successful shopping.

Gabor
      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Quite possible! Although I wouldn't be doing things that would require Olivias oil to be dripping out!!!! :nana:
        She must have got really slippy!!!! :eek2:
        A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

You wouldnt belive what an awkward situation it was. Oil pool under my car. OK, it can happen to every car but it was the back of my coupe where I dont have an engine. The neighbour girl (who has a daughter aged 23) may have thought what a ***** car mine was....with oil dops under it. I didnt have the chance to tell her that I was careless when packing the thing after shopping at Tesco. And a bottle of oliva oil went into the sparewheel valley. It was great. At least it was not the engine.

my neighbour is about 43, divorced and has a daughter. I have only an S2 but no daughter. Hmmmmm:wacked:
          Gabor

Comment

Originally posted by A6 AVANT
            Hmmm, Boot seal leaking? Rear light cluster seal?
            Ahh I know........it will be the delay that you get before the turbo kicks you in the back and propels you down the road at 140mph!!!! (no bragging from audiman!!)
            Seriously though, check boot and light cluster seals.Also check that your boot/tailgate is closing sufficiently to give a good seal.
            HTH
            Chris
            What is that supposed to mean?? Hey? LOL

Are you in reverse with the window open, cos then you would get exhaust gas in the car? I have had this before when the AC was broken.
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

No just the opposite. Heading straight ahead on a nice uphill slope trying to teach an A3 which track she is supposed to stay- very soon she understood- and right then I smelled the exhaust fume coming in. All glasses shut. Not that it matters just wondering if its normal. I had this with the old coupe quattro but only with opened window.

Gabor
              Gabor

Comment

Are you sure it's your exhaust?!?!?!?!?!? It could be the fumes of the Cat on the car you were following, alot of cars when cold kick out an awful stink until the cat gets up to operating temperature.
                HTH
                Chris,
                P.s. Audiman(ben) thought you would like the 140mph quote! Did you get my PM?

Comment

Ben, I see you did! just received my reply!!

Comment

HUGE APOLOGIES TO TOM (Audiman) NOT ben!!!

Comment

Muppet, serves you right for driving an avant! Family first and all that!!
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom, what's wrong with an Avant, mate?
                        1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                        Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Tom, I would beat you on a 500 mile run anywhere!! Slow and steady wins the day!!!!!! LOL :nana:
                          At 60mpg I'd cruise past you at every other petrol station, oh actually you'd be searching for a Shell station!!!
                          Will PM you about wheel if it's still for sale?? Or has the price just gone up???!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X