Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forge dump valve fitting, is this correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge dump valve fitting, is this correct?

Hey guys, ive done some research. Im about to replace my dv, as its suspected its diaphram has split. Im going to use the green spring fitment and see how that goes on thischipped s2 thats got 273bhp.. on the tune it said 14psi... but ive heard the s2 can over boost to 17.3 psi then back to 14. Some people use the yellow spring, rated 15psi - 23psi. (The green was 5psi - 14psi).

some people were saying to reverse fit them also. That sounds worrying and confusing. Anyways.

My Question is... is this from the picture attached. The correct fitment for this valve?

Thx in advance
    Attached Files

Ah found out, it is the correct position.. heres more pics and upon inspection, you should be able to push piston in on dump valve with finger, then hold your finger on the vacuum nozel and the piston should hold and not return (thats to test if it works). My orig is deffo broken, as it just returns.

Heres some pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok so fitted the yellow spring now... thats a lot better now. More power, and louder sound on dump valve. Im curious if I should fit the blue spring now (stronger one).

Anyone else had experience with these forges?
      Attached Files

Comment

The Forge I have fitted has a dial on it so I can adjust it, sounds nice when trashing the car through the gears

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
          The Forge I have fitted has a dial on it so I can adjust it, sounds nice when trashing the car through the gears
          Sounds good Rikki!!

I tried all the springs and yellow had the best range, power and use. Yes it does have a unique sound and sounds better now, i may have fixed the running rich issue and possibly the emissions issue with replacing the broken Dump valve.

Comment

Working...
          X