Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Inlet manifold for the S2?!

Has anyone gone this route on a S2??

Could move the throttle body forward and have a intercooler with its inlet and outlet at the same end (flowing top to bottom instead of right to left(from the drivers seat!)) should be nice short inlet tracked with no need to move radiator or power steering pump etc??

Jay

7A manifold has very long inlet tracks as they bend over 90 degrees and the over the top of the cam cover, would prob only create more lag.

I always wanted to try it the other way around out of interest, put an ABY inlet manifold onto a NA 7A, might be as flat as pancake low down but top end would be interesting.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

?

Some of the big HP guys run long runners, look at Hackes creation!? and its still goin to be shorter than standard 3B/ABY.

I would use the throttle body off a 3B/ABY or possible VR6 instead of the 7A.

I would have to use remote coils/H.T leads.

Just cuz its different doesnt make it wrong, just ask jogi730 about his home grown inlet and what he has out of it!!

Jay

Comment

I have a 7A manifold to sell if anyone wants to try it??? :mischeif:
        '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

From what I understood long runners wouldnt be good for power on a turbo'd car
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

are you sure that is not a turbo'd 7a
            94 s2 avant
            aoc member 1116

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
              From what I understood long runners wouldnt be good for power on a turbo'd car
              Take a look at the Talladega engine.

Cheers
              Chris
              Audi 80 quattro (Typ 85, preFL)
              20v turbo conversion (AAN)
              sigpic

Comment

Its a low pressure turbo kit beig offered by 034motorsport. How much this side of the pond Corey?

Ta
                Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

OMG what ideas have you been cooking up for us now Jay?

TBH I haven't costed the 7A turbo kit as I didn't think there was the demand, BRY do you "need" to be the first?
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

i wanted one 2yrs ago but the + and the - gave way to the s2 it was the cheaper option and ive never looked back

although id still like to see how a turbo'd 7a was like
                    94 s2 avant
                    aoc member 1116

Comment

Long runners tend to give top end power, the 205 T16 evo2 had a very clever inlet manifold that used to change the length of the inlet track i believe with flaps controlled by the ECU dependent on revs of the engine
                      Aelred

Comment

Originally posted by aelred View Post
                        Long runners tend to give top end power, the 205 T16 evo2 had a very clever inlet manifold that used to change the length of the inlet track i believe with flaps controlled by the ECU dependent on revs of the engine
                        Long runners give good bottom and midrange power, while short runners are best for high revs. The 205 had system that made the air go a longer path at lower revs and then opened a shorter more direct path at high revs.

Comment

I think its the other way around for NA engines, longer is better for low end torque and shorter is better high rev power.

Turbo 7A has one issue, CR. Pistons are about 1mm wider too so you cant use S2 items, your either stuck will low boost or having custom pistons machined. Its a project i looked into and decided an S2 motor with loom would be a far better idea.
                          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Maybe i got it the wrong way round, but if you look at touring cars usually they have a very long track.
                            Aelred

Comment

Working...
                            X