ABY cat bypass pipes - Longlife quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY cat bypass pipes - Longlife quote

Well, the rattle i have been experiencing my ABY cats is starting to drive me nuts .

So whilst over basingstoke today i decided to drop by the local longlife garage and asked for a quote for two cat bypass pipes for my S2 ABY.

First thing he asked me was, is it the model with two lambda probes, and if so was one of them near the cats. If the cats could be removed without effecting the 2nd lambda then the quote was £100 to fabricate each pipe.

Forgot to ask if this included fitting or vat , but otherwise seemed pretty reasonable.

What do you guys think? i know there are options for turbo back systems, and cat back systems, but these pipes seem the best cost option for me at the mo considering the rest of the exhaust seems ok.

Brian

i WAS going to get two bypass pipes made up but then i had a chat with Longlife and they suggested to remove the hassle of swapping nr MOT time to just do away with the Y piece and have a single off the downpipe to a 100cell performance cat, then a further single pipe running to my current LL back box. For a 3b 4 days into the BET test like mine, that should be enough to fly through that and gives 95% of the performance gains removing the cats would give, along with getting rid of the most restrictive part of the system which is that initial Y section.

HTH
    David
    P.S. if you over in B'stoke again, give me a shout via PM before
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

update on cat bypass pipes

Was gonna go the sports cat route as the price was similar to the cat bypass pipes.

Then over basingstoke longlife garage today i thought what the hell, lets dump the sports cat and just go for a single pipe from the downpipe to the rear system.

Got quoted £60 fitted.

Will try and get an emissions test done to confirm how low/high the emmisions are. If they are bad, i always have option of adding a sports cat in 10 months time.

Any recomendations on whether to go for 100 or 200 cell sports cat?

Brian

Comment

I bought a pair of bypass pipes for my ABY a few years ago from Performance Products in Devon. Cost around £100 for the pair I think. I used them for a while and then went back to cats as the performance difference wasn't noticable. My ABY only has one lamba probe up by the turbo and was one of the last S2s made, '96.

Comment

Originally posted by johne View Post
          I bought a pair of bypass pipes for my ABY a few years ago from Performance Products in Devon. Cost around £100 for the pair I think. I used them for a while and then went back to cats as the performance difference wasn't noticable. My ABY only has one lamba probe up by the turbo and was one of the last S2s made, '96.
          Cheers for the info

Brian

Comment

Hi,

was as longlife basingstoke on sat. took them 5 mins lookin under the bonnet to realise the battery was not there, but instead under the rear seat on my ABY

got the work done on my car and it feels great. They couldnt do the single connection from the down pipe due to lack of room.

i got original quote of £200 for 2 cat bypass pipes to just £60 for a single connection from the down pipe to the rear.

on examination thou they decided that would be hard work so decided to do the two pipes for the £60.

did a grat job and commented on the test drive on how good the S2 was

Brian

Attached Files

Comment

Was wondering how you got on with this brian....how does it feel?

Cheers
              David
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X