Removing downpipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing downpipe

Anyone know if its possible to remove rs2 downpipe without taking anything else off ( e.g subframe, steering rack)?

Anyone BTDT?

Cheers

I'm sure it would come out - if you had enough room for it to drop out the bottom of the car.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

There is too little space between subframe and axelarm aluminum shirld to have the splitting of WG and turbo go through. I don't remember if it is needed to unbolt the axelarm itself, but I think at least the aluminum shield does.
      No need to unbolt steering rack, just turn weels full right to free some more space.
      As Doug said, you anyway need to put the car on ramps.

Marco

Comment

Took the heat shield off but still not enough space, so I think I'll have to drop the subframe.
        Marco, what do you mean by axlearm? Do you mean the wishbone?

What difference is there in the bore, between s2 and rs2?
        Cheers

Comment

Its a bitch of a job!! Marco sounds like he has it sorted tho
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Sal, you know, I'm a foreigner ....

I just looked at the dictionary to translate what in italian is the damned thing that brings rotational movement to the wheels

The f****ing dictionary sayd "axelarm" !! :mad:

So if you say "wishbone" thats good enaugh for me (.... might need a new dictionary i guess .... )

Anyway, DO NOT TAKE SUBFRAME OFF. It's not needed. Just take the 6 torx bolts off the..... above mentioned "thing". That should be enaugh.

Marco

P.S. RS2 downpipe is Ø 70mm external from turbine flange to cat splitting. S2 is 65 mm.

Comment

You must mean the driveshaft, not the wishbone.
              The driveshaft is attached to the gearbox via torx bolts (I think there are 8 bolts tho).
              Anyway, I'll give it a try tomorrow

Thanks for the info

Comment

Sal, doesn't the driveshaft take power to the rear wheels ?
                You need to unbolt the shaft that goes from gearbox to front right wheel hub.

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Pisobiker
                  Sal, doesn't the driveshaft take power to the rear wheels ?
                  No, that's a propshaft AFAIK

You need to unbolt the shaft that goes from gearbox to front right wheel hub.

Marco
                  That's the driveshaft indeed

Cheers,

Mihnea
                  '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                  info@MRCTuning.com
                  Workshop Directions

Comment

It is amusing when there is confusion over words like that.... but the way i always see it, you guys can speak your own language plus english.... it doesnt work both ways we'd be clueless if you wrote in your own lingo
                    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                    X