Cracked RS2 exhaust manifiold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked RS2 exhaust manifiold

Hi Guys, been offered an RS2 exhaust manifold (thanks Sal) which appears to have some cracks in it. My question to everyone is this; is it worth the hassle in getting it repaired or do I bite the bullet and order a new one?

Kevin

Stitch welding of cast Iron exhausts, engine blocks etc will cost about £100 at least. There is a company called lockstitch engineering who do this.

I don't know what the cost of a new one is.

David

Comment

found it !!

Lockstitch Cylinder Head Services
      Tel: 01706 523923

D.

Comment

thanks, I'll give them a ring..........

Comment

How deep are the cracks and in which location? You often get hairline cracks in the collector, these don't appear to cause any problems. You may find it's still OK and wont need welding
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

still waiting on sal giving me details...........

Comment

I've taken a few pics but its hard to see the cracks because they are very thin. There are about 4 cracks in total
              Attached Files

Comment

heres another
                Attached Files

Comment

the middle port has a crack in the middle which I think is the collector and there are two cracks on the outer circle part where the turbo bolts onto
                  Attached Files

Comment

sorry should have posted this pic of port 3
                    Attached Files

Comment

The car that the manifold came off drove well and was not lacking in performance.
                      When switching the engine off after a long drive, I could hear a ticking noise from the engine bay which was probably the manifold contracting as it cooled down

Comment

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but those hairline cracks look pretty normal to me. All the RS2 manifolds I've seen have the small cracks on the collector and both my S2 manifolds have the cracks that are on the turbo flange.
                        91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                        X