RS2 intake manifold into 3B ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 intake manifold into 3B ???

I was asked few times about if RS2 intake manifold fits 3B engines. Becouse they say ignition distributor will interfier.

Is it true ??? If yes , what modification required ???

As far as I know ADU and ABY intakes have air flow.

Thanks.
    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Sweeper : the ADU RS2 IM will NOT fit without mods...per Steve Eiche on the 3 B URQ email list..."This seems to get asked all the time. The RS2 Intake WILL NOT fit without significant modification on a 3B (grinding and welding of the manifold to clear the distributor). You also need all of the RS2 intake and fuel bits or be willing to do a fair amount of fabricating. Although I know of a few people who bought RS2 intakes with ideas of putting them on 3Bs, I have never seen or heard of one actually installed on a 3B.

To lay this to rest, I have attached some pictures that I just took with an RS2 intake on a 3B. The intake looks like it is fully mounted, but only a couple of bolts are attaching it as it is laying on the distributor with about a 1/8" gap at the bottom of the intake gasket sealing surface. Note that the plug wires would make the interference even worse. Notice also that there is almost an inch of clearance around the distributor on a 3B intake. This is to allow you to change the cap, etc. Any of you that have done a distributor swap on a 3B can attest that even this is tight. You would need to take a LOT out of that ADU manifold to make it work and still be serviceable."

I have some pix from steve that I will post when I can reduce their size to fit the forum constraints
    Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
    1991 Coupe Quattro
    1991 Coupe Quattro
    1995 S6 Sedan
    1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

BIG Thenk Peter !!! Long awaited answer. Pics will be good.
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I sent the pictures to Paul Nugent ( they are all over the 102.4k limit on attachments) Paul said that he would post them in the next few days

-peter
        Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
        1991 Coupe Quattro
        1991 Coupe Quattro
        1995 S6 Sedan
        1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

Working...
        X