No announcement yet.

marco, intake manifold question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work. Have you changed the water manifold? And, what are you going to do about the hydraulic pump? Are you relocating it? Your exhaust manifold looks interesting too!

Cheers, Lee
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
      @Audi CQ, got any pics of that ex. manifold? Looks a bit mental from what i can see. Nice Inlet manifold tho. Top welding. Nice and light weight too.

BTW is that a 3B block with a ABY/ADU/AAN head? Cambelt is tensioned via the water pump and not separate tensioner, just an observation.
      It's a 2.5L block (AAF) from a VW Transporter. Similar to the diesel blocks a believe (16mm higher than 2.2). Modified AAN head, AAF oil-pump, 7A water pump, and AAN cambelt made it all come together

Ex. man. is polished SS. Bought from KRB Trading in Norway.
      Turbo is Innovative Turbo Systems GT61 w/dual BB, also from KRB.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
        Nice work. Have you changed the water manifold? And, what are you going to do about the hydraulic pump? Are you relocating it? Your exhaust manifold looks interesting too!

Cheers, Lee
        Thanx

It's a modified AAN water manifold :

The pump is moved like this :

Comment

Very interesting combination............any chance you could bring it to England sometime
          S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Audi Parts Guru
            Very interesting combination............any chance you could bring it to England sometime
            81.5 x95.5 =2491
            Only block and crank from the 2.5. Wiseco low comp (~8.5:1) pistons and 155mm cc Verdi rods.

England? , hmmmm maybe a track day at Silverstone ,
            or are there other shows/track days that you would recommend? Any idea of cost to get the car over?

Comment

Audi_CQ,

thats some really nice work you have done there, just seen your exhaust on the other thread....really nice .

Mark.
              Mark - Modded

Comment

Audi_Cq: any chance to get more info on your car ;-) ?

Maybe a web page :> ?
                Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper
                  Audi_Cq: any chance to get more info on your car ;-) ?

Maybe a web page :> ?
                  Don't have a web page yet. Maybe I get some time to make one after the car is finished

The car is a "S2wannabe" -89 Coupe Q. All the "toys" inkl el. leather seats w/mem. Have added S2 instruments and steering wheel.

Have changed to RS2 hubs,driveshafts,brakes and wheels front and back(needed some custom fabrication at the back ) Have a 6-speed S2 (CGR) gearbox and are currently in the finishing stages of fitting a custom 2.5L engine. Hope to fire it up for the first time in a couple of weeks

A bit unsharp I'm afraid :

Comment

Awesome car.... would love to go out in that for a spin!!!!!
                    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ
                      Don't have a web page yet. Maybe I get some time to make one after the car is finished

The car is a "S2wannabe" -89 Coupe Q. All the "toys" inkl el. leather seats w/mem. Have added S2 instruments and steering wheel.

Have changed to RS2 hubs,driveshafts,brakes and wheels front and back(needed some custom fabrication at the back ) Have a 6-speed S2 (CGR) gearbox and are currently in the finishing stages of fitting a custom 2.5L engine. Hope to fire it up for the first time in a couple of weeks

A bit unsharp I'm afraid :
                      That is a very nice car dude....
                      love the welding work you did.Maybe you should make some for the guys!!
                      i am sure you could sell them at a good price and get alot of buyers!
                      Issam N. Abed
                      iABED Industries
                      iABED Email | Facebook
                      The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD
                        That is a very nice car dude....
                        love the welding work you did.Maybe you should make some for the guys!!
                        i am sure you could sell them at a good price and get alot of buyers!
                        Tankx

As mentioned in an earlier post, I'm sadly not responsibel for the welding IIt's done by a local tuning company (ES Tuning). The problem is that it's a lot of work = high cost , and a lot of other things has to be altered so it's not a "bolt on" manifold. Because of this I think the marked is a bit limited for such a manifold, but I may be wrong?

Comment

I've been thinking a lot about inlet manifolds since Timucin started this thread and especially since seeing Audi_CQ's lovely example of an IMSA type manifold.

As Marco said:
                          Anyway much more important than volume (unless you make it far too small) is balancing flow through it to have each runner fed by the same air mass.
                          I then remembered something I read somewhere, I cant remember exactly where but it might have been on Kruemmer, about a manifold design that incorparated two Plenums, a smaller one 'nested' inside a larger one. The smaller one has a lot of small holes throughout its length, the charge air travels into the smaller tube and through the holes and into the larger plenum, the idea being (I suppose) that this will equally distribute flow and pressure within the larger plenum and therefore to each individual runner.
                          I've done a crude drawing to explain what I mean, can anyone, Marco etc. say whether this idea has any merit and if it looks like it might work well? To my simple thinking it makes sense.

Cheers,

Mark
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mark Halligan; 14 March 2004, 23:19.
                          Mark - Modded

Comment

Great car Mate.

I am very interested on your rear brakes setup.
                            How did you get the RS2 hubs to fit to the rear?
                            I have been thinking a lot about it.

I also have RS2 wheels front and back, but only RS2 hubs front.
                            My temporary solution for the rear is using H&R adaptors from AUDI to PORSCHE wheels.
                            Info here: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=1871

Can you give me info on this please?

Rafael
                            94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Not sure about that design Mark, but I seem to remember from my A-level phyics class something about a gas law.

If you made one end of the tube narrower then it would give the same flow of air to all of the inlets. Its been 5 years since I did any of this and have forgotten it. Maybe some off the more academics could help out on this. MARCO???
                              sigpic
                              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                              Audi UR Quattro
                              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom,
                                yeah does look a bit weird doesnt it, I finally found the post I saw it on in Kruemmer, message # 887. Just want to know if I have got it right in my head and if it would work to any advantage?
                                Tempted to build something different .

Cheers,

Mark.
                                Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
                                X