Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exhaust systems r u folks running

Milltek don't do 3" ant more

what about big power people r u using off the shelf pipes?

Doug, Mark etc

cheers

Paul
    S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

There aren't many options for the S2 off the shelf. There's the Milltek system and the Scorpion, however they're not 3" systems. The other popular choice would be someone like Longlife, who have a few outfits around the UK. Mark and Tom both have custom systems that were made to their spec. I'm sure they'll fill you in on the details.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on if you get one
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I'm also looking for a 3" system to mate up to my fortchcoming Marco downpipe. I'll probably have a step down pipe made to go between the DP and the centre box as a temporary solution (cats are dying so need to go asap).

I am planning to get a quote from longlife for a 3" system. Any other exhaust places to try would be very useful.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Ben, try JP exhausts in Macclesfield. they will make whatever you want. They have patterns for the S2. My family have been using them for over 20 years. 01625-619916

http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/

HTH

David
        Last edited by Stick Insect; 12 March 2004, 14:23.

Comment

I emailed them this morning but no relpy as yet

Comment

just spoken to a company down in welwyn and the guy nearly spat his coffee everywhere when i said i wanted a 3" system and seems to reckon that diameter is too big and i would loose power by having a system that big.

how can you work out the optimum?

Greg
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I don't think you will loose any power with a 3'' system on a Turbo engine.
              You will reduce lag and gain some top end power I reckon.
              The problem with a 3'' system are:
              1. They have to be custom jobs
              2. Clearences are very tight especially on the Coupe.

I have found a very high quality 2 and 3/4 inch system (70mm) for the Coupe). It is not cheap but It was almost impossible to find a reputable exhaust company in Madrid for a custom job.^
              Pics here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...threadid=2237.
              Still on the box though as it will go with Marco's downpipe and a metal CAT.

Rafael
              94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

I have a custom one but it has 2 cat replacement pipes and I can stick the cats on for MOT - real PITA.

There is a place near Bathgate (west lothian) that did some work for me - he deals with neds and saxos but that pays the bills. I can look out the number if you are wanting to speak to him.

If I was doing it again I would have a space for one cat and still swap it. I would also get a flexi pipe in there as it is all solid from engine to back - that can't be good surely

Make sure there is a flexible mount that takes the weight of the downpipe/exhaust at the mounting points where the cats are.
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Scorpion de-catted system on mine. Definite increase in power over stock. Nice noise too.
                  Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Ben and Paul,

noticed that you both have Avants. I'm thinking about contacting bn-pipes to ask them if their RS2 middle- and rear silencers (both with 3" piping) will fit the S2 Avant. The rest of the exhaust would have to be custom-made, though.

More info:

http://www.bn-pipes.de/dateien/audi/e-au-rs2.htm

The web-site says "cat-back", but I don't know if the Y-section after the cats is included. Bn-Pipes are known for good build quality, "The Spanish" can probably comment more on this.
                    Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                      just spoken to a company down in welwyn and the guy nearly spat his coffee everywhere when i said i wanted a 3" system and seems to reckon that diameter is too big and i would loose power by having a system that big.

how can you work out the optimum?

Greg
                      Ask Marco I think. The metro Turbo racers used 2" for 212Bhp straight through. so 3" is not excessive I feel.

I emailed them this morning but no relpy as yet
                      Paulm

they are a pipe bender and not on line all the time. A phone call is the best thing to do. I feel.

My car club is organising a trip round their workshops this year.

David

Comment

Trip round JP Exhausts has been organised 7:00 PM Wednesday the 12 May 2004.

Please PM me so that I know the numbers for the trip.

You will be sharing with Morris Minor Owners. It's OK they don't bite.

Pub afterwards. If there is interested I can organise a good pub for food afterwards.

David

P.S. Paul he has your mail and will respond.

Comment

Cheers David

I can't really phone as i am offshore we only have a simplex line( only 1 can talk other must listen)and things can get mixed up, also it can be quite hard to get a line out so email is easy while out here.

Paul

Comment

A friend of mine Chris Plummer ( a safety engineer is a radio ham) and he used to take his radio equipment with him to the rigs. He is near London now. He was in the Ivory Coast when things took off. Happy days.

Enjoy.

David.

I'll have a pint for you tonight!

Comment

hope u get a hang over:nana:

Comment

Working...
                              X