Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will an AAN exhaust manifold bolt up to a 7a head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will an AAN exhaust manifold bolt up to a 7a head?

or vice versa for that matter...

-b
    Im not the percent you think survives,
    I need sanctuary in the pages of this book...

Yes.
    Mark Siggelkow

'90 CQ 20vT - NASA GTS-5 (R.I.P.)
    '90 CQ-R - NASA GTS-4/5
    '00 A4 1.8TQMS (Wife's Daily Driver)
    '12 TT-RS (Wife's new DD, on order for May European delivery)
    '62 Porsche 356B (another race car)
    '03 Kawasaki Z1000 (toy)

Comment

anyone have any idea about the sizes of the ports on the head? are they the same? similar?

-b
      Im not the percent you think survives,
      I need sanctuary in the pages of this book...

Comment

AAN exhaust manifold will bolt up to a 7A head, ports are the same size. Bear in mind though, 7A head only has 2 studs per exhaust port, unlike S2/4/6 multi stud option. The casting is the same, but I would have the 7A head suitably drilled and tapped to take the additional studs, as the S2 / S4 / S6 manifolds are prone to warping at the best of times... 7A head doesn't have means of attaching Hall sender as on ABY / AAN / ADU engines...

Siena

Comment

Originally posted by Vagsport
          AAN exhaust manifold will bolt up to a 7A head, ports are the same size. Bear in mind though, 7A head only has 2 studs per exhaust port, unlike S2/4/6 multi stud option. The casting is the same, but I would have the 7A head suitably drilled and tapped to take the additional studs, as the S2 / S4 / S6 manifolds are prone to warping at the best of times... 7A head doesn't have means of attaching Hall sender as on ABY / AAN / ADU engines...

Siena
          I've already got my dibs on a 7A head that is hiding at a secret location in Belgium. Its for development - hoping to be ported and as shiny as MarkH's wonderful looking item. I already know that I need to create holes on the 7A head for the camshaft mounted hall sensor (CMP) - but have you seen it done before - I just wanna know that I won't be first in that regard.

Trouble with using a 7A for this, is that I need to replace all exhaust valves with the Sodium filled items of the S2 engines. Mucho $$$

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
            I've already got my dibs on a 7A head that is hiding at a secret location in Belgium. Its for development - hoping to be ported and as shiny as MarkH's wonderful looking item. I already know that I need to create holes on the 7A head for the camshaft mounted hall sensor (CMP) - but have you seen it done before - I just wanna know that I won't be first in that regard.

Trouble with using a 7A for this, is that I need to replace all exhaust valves with the Sodium filled items of the S2 engines. Mucho $$$

Paul
            The 7A already has sodium filled exhaust valves.
            Mark Siggelkow

'90 CQ 20vT - NASA GTS-5 (R.I.P.)
            '90 CQ-R - NASA GTS-4/5
            '00 A4 1.8TQMS (Wife's Daily Driver)
            '12 TT-RS (Wife's new DD, on order for May European delivery)
            '62 Porsche 356B (another race car)
            '03 Kawasaki Z1000 (toy)

Comment

Working...
            X