The Officer Casey school of modifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Officer Casey school of modifying

I've had a old aby air box sitting around for a while and was planning on doing something like andy did with his airbox but with a bigger trumpet, I started having a go at this and after getting the old 3b airbox out (what rubbish that is imo) I was left with a nice hole for the airbox.

I started modding it for the trumpet but in the end followed his example and opened the front out (just looks a bit better than his )

It all went back together and the only other thing I might do is swap the bit of trim behind the light for a rs2 one i've got lying around.

First impressions are pickup seems better than standard and I can hear the vent to atmosphere dump valve more. There is slightly more noise from the airbox but nothing like say azman's cone filter which sounded cool, I was just hoping for slightly more noise from the front end of the car as imo the exhaust is the only part of the car that makes any noise (apart from my valve) so if you look from the front you can't hear hardly anything.

Still i'll give it a few days and see how I feel but atm it feels better than the standard box.

nice one Pete....are you going to show us your handy work
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Lol unfortunately the cars back together now, but i'll try get a picture of it asap.

Want to see what it goes like on the way to work later today

Comment

It's got a lovely deep growl to it too, especially off boost. The other mod you can do that I haven't is to put some 20mm holes in the cold side of the base, that really resonates then. Holes of 16mm and 25mm in the 90q and a few old Golfs made the nicest noises. Might have a play when I'm back together.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Yeah might have to try that as imo its still too quiet

Comment

You got a K&N or equivalent in there?
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Not yet, just looks like the standard orange/cream one's you get from gsf and the like.

Comment

K&N will make it louder
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I've still not forgiven Andy for what he did to my old ABY airbox!

Comment

Cool well I should hopefully have a K&N for it when I go and pick it up.

It has made quite a difference, I have a new personal best of 155mph before I got complained at by the passenger whilst on my own personal private testtrack.

I've also noticed that its given the exhaust a nice tone lower down and if I can upload it i'll post a link to a quick video we got of it today.

Comment

@ Jamo, you'll get over it!

Peter, glad you've got a private test track to test out such things. It sounds even better with a K&N, I also love the off-boost growl.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

@ Acid - Change teh dump valve to a piston type dump valve then you will get a nice hiss from the beggar
                        Az
                        Dark Grey Avant
                        RS2 FARB
                        Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
                        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

My old 710N worked fine, didn't notice any difference when I went to a Forge one other than the fact that the original leaked like a sieve!
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Azman View Post
                            @ Acid - Change teh dump valve to a piston type dump valve then you will get a nice hiss from the beggar
                            Az
                            What this one? http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...32575&hl=en-GB

got bored so chucked my mate the key's

Comment

Working...
                            X