Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy exhaust collector.

Hi guys & gals.

I just thought I should share this horrifying 3" "cat collector" that I found mounted on my car.

I found it last year when it had rusted through and needed repair.
    When I saw this construction my jaw dropped, I couldn't believe my eyes.

You may think that I am exaggerating this but I feel it is a completely piece of sh*t flow wise.

So today my father and me had the cats down in another issue and he manufactured a new collector from 3" stainless instead.

Here's the pictures:

Now, who can spot the lemon?

I must say, me and my father had a couple of good laughs at it though
    Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
    http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

That's a real work of art isn't it?

Comment

Looks like one from Clowne.
      Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
      England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by BRY View Post
        Looks like one from Clowne.
        oh you are naughty
        1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
        2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
        3. H & R SPRINGS
        4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
        5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
        6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
        7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
        8. fmic fitted

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
          That's a real work of art isn't it?
          Haha, damn right it is!

Im aware of the looks of my fathers collector, but it should flow a couple of hundred percent better than the old one

I guess looking at the old collector just throws Scandinavian car engineering reputation down the drain.

I'm wondering if I have had some power loss because of the old one, do you guys think I will feel a legit difference or will it just be placebo?
          Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes

Comment

Originally posted by k.alle View Post
            I'm wondering if I have had some power loss because of the old one, do you guys think I will feel a legit difference or will it just be placebo?
            I think you could flow more gas through a scaffold bar mate. That looks shocking, a proper collector would no doubt give a huge improvement. Thats providing there is no other nasty surprises on the exhaust.

Still cant believe that picture.
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Personally, i think that is a scaffold bar looking at it?
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
                Personally, i think that is a scaffold bar looking at it?
                A 3" scaffold bar! I wouldn't like to carry them around at full length. They are heavy enough as they are when they are standard size...
                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                  I think you could flow more gas through a scaffold bar mate. That looks shocking, a proper collector would no doubt give a huge improvement. Thats providing there is no other nasty surprises on the exhaust.

Still cant believe that picture.
                  LOL, a scaffold bar, good one!

I've checked the rest of the exhaust, and it is no build quality at it what so ever.
                  Looks like someone has done a really sloppy job, BUT it shouldn't cause any flow issues however.

Im sure you can imagine the words coming out of my mouth the first time I laid eyes on it!

Comment

Yeah i bet. Who ever made that should hang there head in shame for the next 50 years..
                    91 S2 coupé - RIP
                    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I second that.

The car is off the road as of now, will be finishing up the brakes then it's off to the VAG dealer for timing belt exchange and finally the MOT 1 of april.

So it will be a long wait before I can feel the eventual difference.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who will attempt to build their own exhaust, never make a cat collector that looks like that one!

Comment

I hope they do a good job when they change the belt.

Make sure they also change:
                        Crank pulley
                        Crank pulley bolts
                        Crank center bolt
                        Water pump
                        Thermostat and o ring
                        Tensioner (this is not essential but most people recommend it)
                        PAS belt
                        Alternator belt
                        and I'm sure others have got bits to add. In fact there is a thread somewhere on here with relevant part numbers.

I'm just saying this as if the VAG dealer gave you a price before hand they will most likely try and do it as cheaply as possible. i.e. just changing the timing belt. But its well worth it to do the others to if not just for the peace of mind.
                        Also, if you do get all the above changed it shouldn't take them much longer as most those bits have to came of anyway so if they try and slap another 4 hours labor on just laugh at them!
                        91 S2 coupé - RIP
                        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Yeah i know.
                          I have all the crucial bits and parts, so i have only asked for the labour price.
                          And they will do it for approximately 120 pounds, they have calculated the time to do it to about 2 hours.
                          They and i have signed on the price so it is more or less legaly binding so the laugh is on them
                          If it was not so cheap at their place i would have done it myself.
                          Im guessing they will change their pricing for this job as soon as my car has left their building
                          And i actually trust their guys to do a good job, thats actually a rare thing here in sweden as the VAG dealers has a ****** rep on the workshop side.

Comment

Wouldn't even make a good bong!

Comment

Originally posted by k.alle View Post
                              Yeah i know.
                              I have all the crucial bits and parts, so i have only asked for the labour price.
                              And they will do it for approximately 120 pounds, they have calculated the time to do it to about 2 hours.
                              They and i have signed on the price so it is more or less legaly binding so the laugh is on them
                              If it was not so cheap at their place i would have done it myself.
                              Im guessing they will change their pricing for this job as soon as my car has left their building
                              And i actually trust their guys to do a good job, thats actually a rare thing here in sweden as the VAG dealers has a ****** rep on the workshop side.
                              Wow! that is a dam good price for labor. I think they will struggle to do it in two hours though. It takes that long just to dissemble and reassemble the front end and thats at a push.

Good luck!
                              91 S2 coupé - RIP
                              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
                              X