• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think

[ATTACH]17359[/ATTACH]IMG_0246.jpg

Carbon
    RS 2 580HP

not really sure if it is or not but looks like the fuel filler cap? am I correct?

How long did it take to do that and is it going on a light or dark colour car?

Comment

hi,

no, this is the upper part of the airbox.

it´s looking nicely how did you do that?

wolfgang
      S2 Coupe ABY
      S2 Sedan
      S6 20V Avant
      www.audis2.de

Comment

Top of rs2 air box
        RS 2 580HP

Comment

no matter if it is RS2 or S2, the upper part is the same the parts below are different.

~100mm inlet on the RS2 in comparison to the ~70mm inlet on the S2 ABY.

wolfgang
          S2 Coupe ABY
          S2 Sedan
          S6 20V Avant
          www.audis2.de

Comment

ah yeah i see now from the second picture

sorry about that, just because of the angle of it I was not sure

was it easy to do?

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
              [ATTACH]17359[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17360[/ATTACH]

Carbon
              Is that a seperate part that fits over the top of the airbox or done directly onto the airbox?

Been looking for a carbon cover for the airbox for ages, Arnomatic has been too busy to put it into his catalogue of Carbon bits

Comment

IMG_0200.jpgIMG_0182.jpg
                Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
                hi,

no, this is the upper part of the airbox.

it´s looking nicely how did you do that?

wolfgang
                Had the guy thats working on my tender to do it, carbon composite expert
                RS 2 580HP

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
                  no matter if it is RS2 or S2, the upper part is the same the parts below are different.

~100mm inlet on the RS2 in comparison to the ~70mm inlet on the S2 ABY.

wolfgang
                  Well i could call it a s2 air box but as its of my rs2 i'll call it a rs2 air box cover
                  RS 2 580HP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                    Is that a seperate part that fits over the top of the airbox or done directly onto the airbox?

Been looking for a carbon cover for the airbox for ages, Arnomatic has been too busy to put it into his catalogue of Carbon bits
                    No it's bonded directly, i could ask if he could do some covers. This cost me 70€
                    RS 2 580HP

Comment

looks great, now if you could get the lower part done in carbon with a 100mm+ trumpet then that would be fantastic
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
                        No it's bonded directly, i could ask if he could do some covers. This cost me 70€
                        Hmm the edges on my airbox are broken, long story so don't know if that would work?

Comment

I dunno if the tops of S2 and RS2 airbox are identical... I know you cant fit the S2 MAF on the RS2 top without some plastic mods.

I'll discover this weekend if the S2 top clips onto RS2 bottom though so I can run some B2B tests using the same air filter and MAF !

Given the low price of RS2 MAF right now I'll prolly buy a fresh one anyway for the 'real McCoy' factor.

Hey I priced up the RS2 air guides and they are ridiculous at UK dealer prices - like 60 and 70 quid for upper and lower - ridiculous.
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

im pretty sure the top of the RS2 box is shallower than that of the S2 box because the bottom accomodates the larger inlet duct
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                              Hey I priced up the RS2 air guides and they are ridiculous at UK dealer prices - like 60 and 70 quid for upper and lower - ridiculous.
                              They must have gone up in the last 3 ish months as they was cheaper than that when I enquired and purchesed mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X