Cat replacement pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat replacement pipes

I was asked about these only a few days ago and could not remember where I'd seen 5 and 6 speed box cat replacemnt pipes. Here's the link to them:

http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/...PartType=EXC03

Just for anyone who wants it.
    Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Link doesnt work

Is it just the Y section but without CATs???
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

unlikely at the price - theres no picture of what is provided. I like the "note" about being loud after removal.

Comment

Doe's anyone know of anywhere that makes a single cat replacement pipe? What I mean is a single pipe from the turbo to the exhaust boxes. Thus removing the y-pipes.

I'm sure some european tuning firm must have come up with something, either with or without a hi-flow cat built in. Am I correct in assuming you need at least some resistance in the exhaust to give torque low down?

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Is that Cat Replacement section i'm guessing gonna be the Y section but without the CATs?

Might phone them up and find out, what do people think of that for a price if it is??
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I asked a place to do me a single CAT replacement pipe in SS. They quoted me £150 inc VAT fitted. When I picked the car up they had done this (see pic).........

Fooking idiots. It works fine (after they re-fitted it to stop it blowing) but it isn't what I wanted. Initially they said it would be easy to do a single pipe that got rid of all the Y section but when I asked why they hadn't done it they couldn't give me a reason other than 'it does the same job' :mad:

Anyway it must be possible to do. Go to a decent place and tell them exactly what you want.

You could go for a Milltek www.milltek.co.uk sports CAT with is a turbo back system in a single pipe to a high flow sport CAT. Strange thing is that is goes back to 2 pipes ater the CAT only to go (almost immediately) bag to one pipe before entering the middle scilencer box
            £650 + VAT available from QS.

HTH

Come to think of it doesn't Doug_RS2 have a single pipe (as part of a custom exhaut)?

Leigh
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Dr H; 11 August 2003, 12:39.
            Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Working...
            X