No announcement yet.

CO2 intercooler spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have mine at this moment at 30/70 meth/water and you sometimes notice a difference,sometimes you dont,depending on how hot the car is i guess.You must be aware that using WI means that steam/droplets will be in your intake and so your metal tubing should be rust resistant.One of my connections is not and so i had to spray paint it to make it OK.Nothing serious anyway,just a precaution.
    ALso the fact that droplets are there,makes the fitment of a MAF at a near position a NO NO case.It must be placed on the other side of the intercooler so as nothing reaches it.

Comment

so your saying keep the MAF in the normal position? because in the normal position i cant see how you can get water droplets on it as you inject just before the TB dont you?
      Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

yes i inject just before the TB.So if you put the MAF on the inlet metal pipe AFTER the intercooler,as soon as you close the throttle there is air in the inlet that goes the other way.So if you were spraying at the time,these droplets go in reverse.While if you put the MAF BEFORE the intercooler,it will never reach the droplets at any time.

Comment

I intend on keeping the MAF in the normal position so all will be ok
          Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

yes if i can find someone who can remap the car with a scania maf,i would like to keep it in the same position myself...

Comment

Working...
            X