• Time
  • Show
Clear All

huh.. wimp
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
      the standard miltek i got quoted £550 +vat for a cat back system which connects to the standard setup.

Im not sure how there cat downpipe system is setup up, that might be a single pipe but is more than likely a double pipe jobbie.

The other thing i noticed was how much the old cats and exhaust weighed, one of the guys at prism said he went to pick it up like a normal exhaust but had no chance so had to get a hand to move it.

Greg
      They do weigh a hell of a lot. The cats weight about a tonne and the y peice after the cats (on an avant) is a major peice - very hefty. I have a spare original middle silencer and thats very heavy too!

Mind you they may weight a lot but they don't half last mine is over 11 years old now and still totally original. The only signs of corrosion is on one of the heatsields on the cat inlet, otherwise it's still totally sound

Still doesn't stop me wanting a SS job though
      Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

yeah, main reason for doing mine was because the back box was on its way out the rest of the system is fine. Gonna stick the cats and downpipe on ebay before long.

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Lee might want a couple of cats to get his car through an MOT - I don't think his current CATS will be doing much!
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

LOL, I had forgetten that he had gutted his. Emissions were very close so he may be lucky.
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
            X