No announcement yet.

MTM Intake vs. SMS Revo Intake PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undoubtedly both the MTM and Wagner work which is not surprising considering how similiar they are to each other. But we don't really have any alternative choice for a nicely designed cast manifold!

Comment

Twoqu you've hit the nail on the head, you can get better flowing ones but they will be welded ones.

Now if we could get a cast duel plenum................... oh happy days!

P.S i take it your not happy with the intake design?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
        Twoqu you've hit the nail on the head, you can get better flowing ones but they will be welded ones.

Now if we could get a cast duel plenum................... oh happy days!

P.S i take it your not happy with the intake design?
        Its not that I'm being critical of the design so much. After all, without Carsten's affordable alternative there would not be any choice at all for most of us. It's difficult to justify spending £1K+ on an MTM one for something Audi could have done better with to start! Even Porsche washed their hands of the inlet bar their branding exercise!
        Personally, I liked the SMS one as it looked like it had been thought about when in the design phase, so things like the throttle cable boss and the various take offs necessary had been incorporated making it perhaps a true bolt on. Having said that it was I guess designed for the S4/S6 but if you look at it you can see what I mean.
        If its origins are indeed Herr Lehmann and it supports 450 bhp then it would have, subject to price of course, have been a viable option for those interested in that kind of output.
        I know its academic but hopefully we might see whether it was a performer in terms of flow to the others. In fact I think it looks a lot better without the SMS logo cast in the top, almost OE!

Comment

I show a Lehman tuned 500++ RS2 and he let the original RS2 manifold on and said that according to Lehman the benefit on a street car is minor....don't know...
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
            I show a Lehman tuned 500++ RS2 and he let the original RS2 manifold on and said that according to Lehman the benefit on a street car is minor....don't know...
            You can use the standard manifolds to that bhp and much more however the reverse manifolds reduce lag up to 500 rpm and inlet temperatures that is their attraction

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
              there was a remanufactoring planned some months ago. a guy from a german forum made quite a good connection to a person from SMS. AFAIK price per IM if there are going to be 5 pieces taken was round about 1600€. The huge price is possibly the reason why there is going to be no remanufactoring of this IM i think....

wolfgang
              I'm sure I could get the price down to a very reasonable amount with some of the contacts that I have here in the UK. Shame I don't have one to use
              S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Is there no picture from the SMS entry to the internal design ?

Here some more pictures of different alternatives.

http://rs246.de/Forum2/viewtopic.php?t=619
                http://rs246.de/Forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1787

Comment

Nice you lucky Bstd with that MTM inlet
                  RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

come on roy, the IM is still available at MTM..

you only have to to MTM with a small amount of money.
                    S2 Coupe ABY
                    S2 Sedan
                    S6 20V Avant
                    www.audis2.de

Comment

I actually managed to talk myself a deal with QST to buy an MTM manifold 2 years ago for a discount price, it would have cost around £700 quid, now it'll cost you 1k for the manifold.

I didn't go through with it in the end as bought a Wagner IM in the group buy, would have loved it for the bling factor alone.

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas View Post
                        why do i have the impression that the MTM is more or less the same as wagners?
                        also i would like to be able to have that damn cruise control on such manifold....
                        Her is som picture of cruise control solution (bad picture, not my car).

I am coing to do some thing like this on my rs 2 with MTM
                        Attached Files

Comment

A question, so mount a SMS reverse intake manifold from S4/S6 on a S2 is impossible or what? Is better SMS or Wagner reverse intake manifold?
                          Thanks!
                          Bye
                          Alessio
                          My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                          Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                          Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                          Audi S2 Avant
                          Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

Working...
                          X