Sizes of other engine hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizes of other engine hoses

Just wanted to check before I order vacuum hoses etc.

Vacuum hose - 4mm internal diameter?
    Wastegate Hose - 8mm ID? Wire reinforced to stop collapse under vacumm?

Cheers

Leigh
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Originally posted by Dr H
    Wastegate Hose - 8mm ID? Wire reinforced to stop collapse under vacumm?

Er, without sounding stupid does this have a name, only i phoned SFS today and they said it is just normal hose I was under the impression it had to withstand high temperatures tho and had to be a high temp hose....

Comment

Originally posted by jubjub
      Er, without sounding stupid does this have a name, only i phoned SFS today and they said it is just normal hose I was under the impression it had to withstand high temperatures tho and had to be a high temp hose....
      Good question! Anyone.............

Comment

I got the heavy duty 8mm stuff from SFS. I'll have a part number somewhere. ****
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Leigh, WG hose is pressure only but needs to be heat resistant also.

Comment

Originally posted by jameswkr
            Leigh, WG hose is pressure only but needs to be heat resistant also.
            Cheers. They SFS only list the nomex from 13mm upwards. I'm sure they'll recommend something when I call them.

Thanks

Leigh

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
              I got the heavy duty 8mm stuff from SFS. I'll have a part number somewhere. ****
              When i phoned SFS yesterday, i was told that they are only now selling/manafacturing for trade as such, and could not supply it to me.........

Comment

Originally posted by jubjub
                When i phoned SFS yesterday, i was told that they are only now selling/manafacturing for trade as such, and could not supply it to me.........
                WTF? I'll call them in a moment and see what they say

Comment

Bump

For S2Central and the others is this the stuff?

SFS WIRE REINFORCED HOSE

Wire-reinforced hoses offer increased flexibility, very high burst pressures, and will notcollapse under vacuum
                  SFS

METRIC (mm): 8.0
                  Part Number Part: WHL8.0
                  Number(Fluro-lined???): WFHL8.0

How much of the stuff is required to replace the existing hose? 1M be enough?

Also will this be the vacuum hose part numbers? 3M length

VACUUM TUBE

• Standard colours blue, red, fluorescent yellow, black
                  • Supplied in 3m lengths or 30m coils
                  • Vacuum line, washer tubing, coolant overflow, wire insulation, emission control

Bore x Wall(mm): 4.0 x 2.0
                  3mtr Part No: VT4-3-*
                  30mtr Part No: VT4-30-*

If i someone would be kind enough to confirm as i'll order some to go with the black Samco hoses and fit the lot in one go.

Comment

I think 1 metre is enough of the 8mm stuff - if it is just used for the WGFV.

You don't really need the wire reinforced stuff. I just got some for other tubing and it was VERY expensive.

I think 2 metres is plenty for an ABY - I think the 3B uses more vacuum hoses

If you want SFS hoses cheaper than you can buy direct from SFS - speak to Lee on here - he is a distributor - he has more clout than you or me phoning up and so doesn't have to wait as long to get stuff made.
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Agree with Doug - the reinforced 8mm stuff is only needed from turbo to WG via the WGFV. You really want 4mm internal diameter for the narrow control hoses. That doesn;t need to be reinforced - unless you are routing them differently from stock.

You can usually blag some discount from SFS over the phone if you are ordering decent quantities, so YES - if we have a friendly distributor on the forum who can get better prices then all the better

paul
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                      X