Audi 5 single throttle bodies Intake Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 5 single throttle bodies Intake Manifold

I have been reading about this now for a while and I think it could make sense, so I share it with you to get experts feedback on this. This design is for a 7A engine, but I think it could work on a 20VT as well with some modifications. Being able to control 5 single throttle bodies with one throttle control lever, would technically be possible, however you might run into problems to overcome the spring pressure now of 5 throttle bodies, instead of one.

Would this IM/TBs design give a big improvement over a single throttle body design, off course with the inclusion of a single/dual plenum IM around the 5 intakes to get the turbo pressurized air into the throttle bodies?
    It looks like you will get a better regulated air flow per cylinder. Or am I seeing opportunities that do not make sense?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFLj...e=channel_page
    Attached Files

I'm not sure about any advantage in a boosted application. I remember quite vividly that the biturbo V8 engines we ran in the racing cars only used two throttle bodies, one on each side, much the same principle as we use on the existing road car - one throttle body and one plenum for one bank of cylinders. It's quite different from the normally aspirated applications.
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

That would be fantastic on a 7A, how much are they?
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I'm nursing a semi...

Not any use for turbo application IMO but awesomeness personified for NA cars
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

In a way that would look and sound a bit like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlfmw...eature=related
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I've seen these used on a few turbo cars, they do help the engine to breathe a bit better but ruins the economy seriously, would be interested to see what both a 7a and s2 lump goes like with a set fitted....

Comment

I would be interested in a application like that. It is not a much improvement in 600-800HP drag race S2. But in 400-500HP track car where engine response is crucial that system would be very efficient.

Turbo cars that I know off and use this throttle body system are Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R and Sunny GTI-R
              AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

great for any app if you can control them right.

stacks help induce airflow. i put them in the manifold i built for the 16vt but single butterfly at 75mm.

its something the japs do. they are better at building performance engines fact.

look at a rb26dett. other options are usually 4 pot.

more airflow, better control and distribution per cylinder, better response to throttle as for those who have tried a big throttle body will know a tiny change in tps is a massive change in vac/map making it harder to drive off wot. single tbs sort this without loosing high WOT performance

Comment

your right albert.

nissan. r32,33,34, 240,280sx, silvia

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                    I'm nursing a semi...
                    im with you on that one

what are the results for n/a 20v on these like?

Comment

And all M series Beemer engines
                      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                        That would be fantastic on a 7A, how much are they?
                        http://www.flow-improver.de/shopdeut...ba70879701.php

That 1697 Euro is including 8 injectors (440ccm) and only 4 cyl application. So I guess the 7A version will be somewhere above the 1000-1300 euros.
                        Attached Files

Comment

forgot the "ditchfinders"

bmw m's also. they turbo very well seen plenty in norway.

look at the 16v kits for the golf

try jenvey.

Comment

Agree with that, Jenvy are very good and well priced.
                            I had them on my Civic along time back.
                            Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                              I would be interested in a application like that. It is not a much improvement in 600-800HP drag race S2. But in 400-500HP track car where engine response is crucial that system would be very efficient.

Turbo cars that I know off and use this throttle body system are Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R and Sunny GTI-R
                              Intake complete with throttle bodies, mounting plate for plenum chamber. 1450 EURO , for AAN engine, the same as used in Eklund S4,
                              http://snarskogensmek.se/index1.html

Comment

Working...
                              X