Old hoses off but no sign of the leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old hoses off but no sign of the leak

I have taken all my old hoses off and also all the vacuum tubing. Although they don't look like new nothing shows any signs of causing my boost leak

Once I have my IM and RC back from the cleaning place I'll be putting it all back together with the samcos and new silicone vac tubing - any suggestions of what else to check?

PCV valve is OK and all hoses look fine.

The only thing that was slightly suspect was one of the jubilee clips on the IC end of the IC - turbo pipe wasn't very tight.

Cheers
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

all i can suggest leigh is do a pressure test without the bumper on, so you have access to every clip, i thought all mine were tight but they were all leaking. If you have all new clips you should be ok.
    or even plug the pipe onto the throttle body and the breather in the maf-turbo hose and pressurise it to 2bar+, just to be sure.

martin

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
      all i can suggest leigh is do a pressure test without the bumper on, so you have access to every clip, i thought all mine were tight but they were all leaking. If you have all new clips you should be ok.
      or even plug the pipe onto the throttle body and the breather in the maf-turbo hose and pressurise it to 2bar+, just to be sure.

martin
      Cheers Martin

Eveything has gone on with new clips and they've been tightened properly - so well in fact that I snapped one earlier

One thing I have struggled with is connecting the vac tube to the end of the DV. How the hell are you supposed to get a clip in there and tighten it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr H
        Cheers Martin

One thing I have struggled with is connecting the vac tube to the end of the DV. How the hell are you supposed to get a clip in there and tighten it up?
        Yeah that is the stupidest thing about the original Bosch TBV. What I do is fit the silicone hose onto it with a small tie wrap. Sounds kak, but it does hold absolutely fine.

Make sure and get the TBV refitted the correct way round by the way

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Have you done the I/C o ring mod ?

Comment

Originally posted by jameswkr
            Have you done the I/C o ring mod ?
            Yep I've done it twice now, I currently have both the o-ring and the silcone pipe on.

Comment

Working...
            X