Removing the MAF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the MAF?

Hi guys.. i also have the problem with the overboost protection kicing in even before the turbo range after fitting a KnN...

anyways im having difficulty removing the MAF...

from what i can see, it consists of 3 peices.. the funny shape bit with the writing on it and an arrow showing direction of the air flow, a metal plate with 4 - 5 screws showing, and the actual hose which all this fits on..

i cant budge any of these items and wondering which part i need to remove and how its done before i apply brutal force to yank the bloody thing off...

any help greatly appreciated.
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

You only need to remove the 2 bolts that are mounted horizontally into the airbox. The MAF is the TUBE with a screen on each end. Don't try and remove the wee screws.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

ohh..err..err *hides the screws under his keyboard*

so its the first turbe that leaves the airbox? so i remove the whole tube and sink it in IPA?
      ABY Coupe
      sigpic

Comment

hmm.. also didnt notice any bolts or screens... will take another look...
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

fount it, got it off, about to drownd it in ISA (in the works kitchen hee hee)
          ABY Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

When I got my MAF off, my turbo-side screen was melted! My MAF was completely filthy and covered in black gunk, cleaning it was definitely a good idea and removed some of the throttle hesitancy. Hope you get some improvement
            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Thats my plan for tomorrow, currently living at the pertol station with ~220 miles to a tank, hopefully will improve things..

Comment

How long should it be soaked in IPA? Is overnight a good option, or just long enough to watch the FA Cup Final?
                ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Soak it as long as you can. Flush it through as often as you can too to flow the IPA over the wire to remove dirt. A small ultrasonic bath helps but IPA vapours are explosive so ventilation is a must if this is done.
                  1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                  Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

I have tracked my overboast/idle prob to the MAF connector.
                    Either thereis a dodgy connection in the plug, or a wire is broken.
                    All i do is disconnect, reconnect, give it a wiggle and bosch
                    Must get in and look at the plug proper.
                    Ragusa Coupe gone!
                    sigpic
                    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

solved! many thanx to all.. resetting the maf was needed.
                      ABY Coupe
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X