new samco hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new samco hoses

Fitted them a week ago. First of all they look great but the only problem i had was i had to butcher the pipe from airbox to turbo since i have an MTM
    fabricated aluminium pipe fitted onto turbo which houses all the pick off connectors ie solonoid valve and dump valve.
    i found two splits in two different old pipes. The transformation is amazing
    no words can express the grin factor that i have on my face.
    I would like to thank the members who organised this, it definately was
    worth waiting for.
    The only downside now is the car is running so efficiently it has shown up
    two weaknesses.
    1 old clutch beginning to slip on full boost
    2 I/C o ring will need the MH upgrade
    RS2 MTM

Originally posted by charlie
    Fitted them a week ago. First of all they look great but the only problem i had was i had to butcher the pipe from airbox to turbo since i have an MTM
    fabricated aluminium pipe fitted onto turbo which houses all the pick off connectors ie solonoid valve and dump valve.
    i found two splits in two different old pipes. The transformation is amazing
    no words can express the grin factor that i have on my face.
    I would like to thank the members who organised this, it definately was
    worth waiting for.
    The only downside now is the car is running so efficiently it has shown up
    two weaknesses.
    1 old clutch beginning to slip on full boost
    2 I/C o ring will need the MH upgrade
    Is there still a chance to buy a set of hoses?
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

what is the MH upgrade
      RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Originally posted by maRS2
        what is the MH upgrade
        A 60-70mm reducer pipe tp put on the intercooler and the crossmember. The o ring that seals the interccooler is prone to leak boost, so putting this pipe (cut to fit) on the i/c will help loads.

Named after Mark Halligan, who came up with the idea (and dozens of other ones too. )
        'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Working...
        X