No announcement yet.

Cylinder Head flow rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Intake flow = more air to burn more fuel = more hp.

More Exhaust flow = better scavenging of burned gasses providing a cleaner air charge for a more complete burn = more tq.

Get the balance wrong and you'll turn your petrol engine into a diesel wannabee which dies of too quickly in the upper range.
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

That's alright.

sent using Android

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
        More Intake flow = more air to burn more fuel = more hp.

More Exhaust flow = better scavenging of burned gasses providing a cleaner air charge for a more complete burn = more tq.

Get the balance wrong and you'll turn your petrol engine into a diesel wannabee which dies of too quickly in the upper range.
        More exhaust flow = more tq?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
          More exhaust flow = more tq?
          i like the way you think:mischeif:

Comment

The exhaust ports on my head look a lot different to that of Jogi's at the top. The sharp 90 degree turn around the guide is gone and its a nice smooth curve. Over 20cfm more flow on the exhaust going by the figures of both heads.

Comment

And who did you head and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

It was one of the three mentioned earlier! It cost £1650 plus the parts. Stunning bit of work worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
                  It was one of the three mentioned earlier! It cost £1650 plus the parts. Stunning bit of work worth every penny.
                  should have know you to be in the elitest group

Comment

The other 2 are/ will be on other forum members cars as well

Comment

That's gonna be pretty amazing... I went for the budget head job I guess

I don't think 'you get what you pay for' applies though, I'm really impressed at how head work improves the driveability of the car; it's got the off-boost performance I was wanting for - I'm converted to the gains that you get from a good port + finish off-boost, let alone when the turbo comes on song :mischeif:

What I'm saying is the numbers mean nothing to me, but in reality a good head job really improves the car - I drove round between 15-25 mph in 4th a while back when my linkage came loose, wasn't even lugging the engine either, it just has the torque to laze around like a V8
                      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                        That's gonna be pretty amazing... I went for the budget head job I guess

I don't think 'you get what you pay for' applies though, I'm really impressed at how head work improves the driveability of the car; it's got the off-boost performance I was wanting for - I'm converted to the gains that you get from a good port + finish off-boost, let alone when the turbo comes on song :mischeif:

What I'm saying is the numbers mean nothing to me, but in reality a good head job really improves the car - I drove round between 15-25 mph in 4th a while back when my linkage came loose, wasn't even lugging the engine either, it just has the torque to laze around like a V8
                        Personally I find it hard to drive with a really good head job

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post

Comment

Practice practice practice

Comment

Looking at your posts, most of your work is DIY.
                              Definitely a case where better to get someone else to do it for you!
                              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X