No announcement yet.

Intercooler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vadim, personally I have some doubts the core being 66 cm long. Maybe the whole lenght including end-tanks.
    Anyway the 20cm height 5,5cm thickness make (divided by two) around 55 square cm vs. approx 136 of the S2/RS2 ones.
    This means flow going through the core will be forced to run ~2.5 times faster than inside the S2/RS2 cores.
    The core in the picture seems to me being a "tube and fin" type, same as S2/RS2, therefore with comparable flowing specs.
    Even supposing correct the 66 cm core lenght (multiplied by 2), compared with RS2's 50cm one, it makes ~2.65 times longer. The very small advantage of it (in terms of total exchange area, always supposing the 66 cm to be right) don't seem to me worth the purchase.

Consider also you'll lose the advantage of having IC outlet in the right position for an eventual "front mount TB" intake manifold.... :mischeif:

Ciao

Marco

Originally posted by Sweeper
    Got some dimensions today , will post pics later :

core 66cm X 20cm X 5,5cm. It's welded in the center(black line) so the air forced to go trought intercooler to the right , then U turn then back to the left and to the IM.

Any ideas ?

Comment

Marco: The core is 66cm without joints/end tanks.

Well it's shorter intake becouse it's all in one place. There are no lost in psi(i guess) but lost in speed of intake air(i guess).

Here is the picture.
      Attached Files
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Working...
      X