Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question the those of you with cone filters

How have you connected it to the MAF?

Obviously Silicon hose or aluminium pipe are the first choices. Is flexible aluminium ducting a possibility?

Would the ribs in flexible ducting create to much turbulence and hence have a negative impact on the MAF? I seem to remember reading somewhere that turbulence in the MAF causes incorrect air measurement.

I assume the grille on the RS2 MAF is designed to smooth air flow in the same way the grille on the ITG cone filter I have is.

If flexible ducting is a no-no does anyone know where alloy bends can be purchased in the UK?

I need to get this sorted soon as I want to have the car apart once and get as much done as possible.

Any help/advice would be greatly received

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Ben, my k&n cone is attached directly to the maf..... if you get a huge one as i have (supplied by Dialynx) then the end of it balances on the bodywork and its weight is happily taken by the hose running from the otherside of the maf to the cold side of the turbo. I've had it this way for over 2 years without any issues. If you want a picture, let me know as i have the aluminium cover off mine still from changing the Lambda.

Cheers,

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

A picture would be good. I want to get some ideas of how best to go about it before I rip the airbox out.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
      X