Anybody know CKS Performance - Watford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know CKS Performance - Watford

Looking into putting a new exhaust on my coupe and saw CKS Performance on ebay:

http://www.cksperformance.com/

Has anyone heard of or used them?

aren't hayward and scott down that way

Comment

I did some googling and most reports about CKS seem to be quite negative so I think I'll steer clear.

I heard that Hayward and Scott were quite pricey...

Anyone used Top Gear Aylesbury: http://www.topgearaylesbury.co.uk/

I live in central London but I'm prepared to travel so if anyone could recommend a company to do a 3" dp, removable sports cat and 2.75" back box on a budget that would be great!

Comment

Prepare to Travel, the problem with exhausts is you really do pay for what you get and only a few actually give value for money.

The best for what you want would be prospeed in cardiff or OJZ in the midlands or Hayward and Scott

Comment

agree with jamo. mine is ojz by quattronics back in the day. its very nice.

beware of cheapest job. its will be bird **** welds in non ss wire and poor quality in general.

your previous post mentioned turbo's. wait till you have the turbo and manifold or its being done twice. then get it fitted and ideally (may end up being the only way) trailer it to the exhaust company.

reason i used quattronics was one stop shop. had original aby manifold removed new one fitted with turbo and trailered to place for exhaust to be made.

maybe worth seeking a company who can do that for you or a mate with a trailer.

Comment

I've already got an RS2 EM in the cupboard, would it be ok to get the EM done at the same time as the exhaust and leave the turbo for a later date or should I just get it all done at the same time?

My plan was to get the following done:

Stage 1) Exhaust + EM

Stage 2) Rods + Turbo + Injectors + Remap

+ suspension at some point

Should I just save up and get it all done at once?

Comment

If you doing the exhaust IMO it would make sense to do the EM now. It's not a job you want to do often disconnecting the turbo and downpipe ( unless you have vband ) and paying for gaskets

Time is money, money is time, doing it all at once is far easier due to access etc but it takes longer.

If it's your everyday car that needs to be taken into consideration.

Comment

when you change the turbo it will be new downpipe. thats the most costly bit.

get the turbo of choice. if its rs2 then ask about positioning as im not sure. it may be the same as aby.

an example is i had the original wagner tubular and carsten replaced it under warranty as he is agreat chap with great service. the new one was a slightly different design but should mount the turbo in the same spot. its only fractions out of being the same but at the farest distance from the pivot so to speak the end of the downpipe it was 1 inch difference. now you can nearly fit a standard unit inside my turbo so the differences are larger but take this into account.

id do this. you can work the best order for you out. a rule of thumb though

1. get the turbo.
                2.mount it and have the exhaust made the once.
                3. the turbo will need a rempa anyway so fit soem injectors. the cc size equates to the hp attainable from them.
                4.when you go over 340hp or so fit the rods. do a cam belt, water pump etc at the same time. have the rods balanced.

i did it this way.

1. fit manifold and turbo and had system built.
                2. limp home on kaktronic and swap to vems as maf was very cosy.
                3. tune her to 325hp maxing out the injectors.
                4. fitted rods, skimmed pistons, spent some more, fitted full wagner inlet and cooler, injectors.
                5. did suspension, bushes,rollbars,brakes etc etc etc

its about finances and whether you enjoy/can/cant do the mechanicals yourself or with help. im blessed with mechanical business owner mates who can. i used to have some spare money too.

Comment

Hayward and Scott put a back box on my 3" system (Audi S6) as the original Magnaflow box was too loud. All custom made and very high quality, I was charged 350 + VAT.

Comment

I was under the impression (but might be completely wrong) that the OEM RS2 EM & ABY EM held the S2 or RS2 turbo in the same place so changing the turbo or EM over would be quite straight forward? Therefore the dp would be ok for either turbo on the RS2 EM?

I've emailed Hayward and Scott so will see what they come back with for a full system

Comment

im not sure. i dont personally believe the rs2 upgrade is a) enough and b) good value for money.

the question really is then is the downpipe on the rs2 the same as the aby.

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
                        I was under the impression (but might be completely wrong) that the OEM RS2 EM & ABY EM held the S2 or RS2 turbo in the same place so changing the turbo or EM over would be quite straight forward? Therefore the dp would be ok for either turbo on the RS2 EM?

I've emailed Hayward and Scott so will see what they come back with for a full system
                        Yes it is in the same position, the problem is changing the EM is not straight forward as you can break studs in the head that require the head to be removed ( unless your handy with a dremel )

The RS2 route is one of the most driveable in the s2 once MRC remapped.

Forget the BHP figures 0-60 in 4 secs with 12 second quarters and a shed load of midrange torque.

There are members who have had big bhp setups returning to the RS2 turbo purely because it's so driveable.

Comment

ill step back as negitivity is setting in today. bloody french laptops and docking stations. and each to their own and all that.

Comment

Colesy try longlife in Carshalton they done my exhaust and never had a problem with it. There not to far from you to. A few of us had exhausts done by them at the same time. I could do with a 3'' downpipe so might be a discount to be had if we get a few of us that needs work again
                            3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

powerspeed in ashford kent, cant recommend them enough, toher forum mebers on here have used them recently too
                              Gav
                              S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Working...
                              X