s2 20vt with aan radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2 20vt with aan radiator

Just a quick question, anyone know what radiators I can use with a 20vt engine running a aan inlet manifold in an s2. I've seen a few different options.

I do have a 20vt rad with slimline fan but early test fittings shows a lack of space to fit this, really would like to have the rad to one side so I can free up space at the front.

Use the standard rad angled to fit

Comment

I did have a quick go with this earlier, i'll have to have another look later when its a bit warmer, spent a bit of time tidying up other bits.

I've seen a few other cars (mostly american/motorgeek cars) that use smaller alloy honda rads.

Comment

Speak to Aron he used a small rad and said it wasn't very good. He went to a Wagner inlet and a full sized rad

Comment

Yeah, been trying to find out what vincent has used on his. I'd like to currently keep the full size 20v rad as it.
          Wagner would be nice but would like to stick with the aan one for the time being.

Comment

Keeping the aan manifold unmodified?
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Yes, its already fitted and i've seen people using them before. I've just got a space issue I need sorting

Plus means I can put a proper size intercooler at the front

Comment

Yeah I have seen the piks with the angled rad, just how to re arrange all the stuff behind the rad to let it rotate enough.

Think I am going to angle the rad a bit and move the tb flange a bit when I get round to it.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

There was some other shots of different cars but these have been my inspiration so far.

Comment

Copyright? What's that?

S2+AAN in progress (again), BMW 3 compact

Comment

Coupe V6 -> AAN + V6 radiator

Last edited by Sechan; 22 January 2010, 12:33.
                      VAG service Almaty
                      master-service.kz

Comment

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Im thinking a tilted rad on a v6 could be a problem? (with the battery being behind the headlight?)

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                            Im thinking a tilted rad on a v6 could be a problem? (with the battery being behind the headlight?)
                            And the cars got aircon as well

Sapphire cos running custom 2.8litre conversion,es cos rims,raven black leather interior and 500+ with the gas turned off.

Audi s2 cooking on gas

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                              Just a quick question, anyone know what radiators I can use with a 20vt engine running a aan inlet manifold in an s2. I've seen a few different options.

I do have a 20vt rad with slimline fan but early test fittings shows a lack of space to fit this, really would like to have the rad to one side so I can free up space at the front.

Looks like ACE (ABK+aircon) front rad+reversed double slimline fan (pusher) outside should work, tight setup though. I 'm right now in the process of installation. You can also ask Sechan for details of his V6-I5 conversion, he made it with front V6 Rad+slimlines.
                              err... almost forgot aircon has to go certainly
                              - Racing. Cause football, baseball, bowling & golf take only 1 ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X