ITG air filter for ABY airbox.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITG air filter for ABY airbox.

Just rx'ed mine and a perfect fit (WB-481) from these guys.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-new-ITG-...item1c054c738a

And in the flesh...
    Attached Files
    Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Any reason you went foam over cotton?
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Been running an ITG in the 90 for years now, not one problem. Once a year take it out and wipe over the exposed surface and throw it back in.

The K&N i bought actually has holes in it that you can see through...it's not been damaged...

Well made, works, simple to clean.
      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

I'm using an ITG in the V8. Also had one a while back in my old school passat. As Carlos says, they are decent well made kit and IMHO loads better than the other options on the market for OE fitments.

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
          Been running an ITG in the 90 for years now, not one problem. Once a year take it out and wipe over the exposed surface and throw it back in.

The K&N i bought actually has holes in it that you can see through...it's not been damaged...

Well made, works, simple to clean.
          I can confirm this too.

When I bought my latest cq it had a K&N panel fitted, and had holes in it where i could see through it as well.

I've heard they are very overrated, and in the tests i've seen, they don't even filter very well at all, falling quite low on the list compared to the other that were tested, in that respect.

But I already had an ITG filter fitted to my crashed cq, so I swapped them over.

Its well made, you 'CAN' wash it because of what its made out of (unlike a pipercross) and it filters pretty good too, due to its Tri foam design, using 3 different size layers .

its much easier to clean too, the K&N on the other hand gets all sorts of crap & dead flys wedged up between the grooves.
          C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
          2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
          Schrick 272 cam
          C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
          ITG filter

Comment

lol, that seller on ebay is Rossiters, they were the only AC Schnizer dealer in the UK when i was at school, Tom Rossiter was in my class at school, his dad Chris also had the first Alfa Romeo SZ in the country, imported it from Australia iirc, he then later got greedy when AC Schnizer said we want to expand and have other dealers he said no, so they took the AC Schnizer dealership away and gave it to his rival Sorrensons BMW who had several dealerships....

sorry, totally off topic, just some useless information for you

Comment

Working...
            X