Fitted ITG Filter at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitted ITG Filter at last

After having it sat in the lounge for months I finally got round to fitting my ITG filter today. Thanks to Martin JS for the kick up the ****.

I got an exhaust shield from a VW Sharan to use as a heat shield for the filter. It's basically an L-shaped piece of tin with heat reflective material on one side. To fit I used good old brute force and ignorance. I bent it roughtly to shape and them pushed and squashed it to shape around the turbo and wastegate. It's not the prettiest piece of engineering but it certainly seems to work. After a good thrash the engine is too hot to touch but the filter is only luke warm.

Pictures:

and

Apologies for the quality of the shots. We appear to be having real camera issues at my house this week.

I'll probably try to neaten it up a bit (at some point). I'm going to look at a cold air feed as well to keep it even cooler.

The sounds it makes are a bit boy racer. No different when pootling around but when you boot it, you get a bit of induction roar and you can hear the turbo building up boost. The dump valve now sounds like a blow off type when you lift off too.

As for if it's any quicker/better, I don't know yet. I'll give it a proper test tomorrow morning on the way to work.

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

O.K we have the same colour car, but remind me not to order the same colour Samco's!! :mischeif:
    You need shades to work on the engine!

Looking good, are you going to add a cold air feed at a later date?

Whate clips are those you've got on? they look heavy duty.

Comment

Looking good mate. Proper good mate
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Kinky hose colour. Did she choose?
        -

Comment

Have you oiled the filter? Looks like the same as mine - UNIV-JC60-86 ??
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Looks a pretty good effort with the heat shield Ben

Is that the Fisher Price camera Beetie was on about ?
            Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

I got mine fitted yesterday, i'm well pleased with it, my dv sounded like a strangled cat..lol, gave off a loud shreak when changing gear!!
              so ive fitted the red spring (strongest) and is now a lot better, no more surging..;-)

i'll post some pics tomorrow.

martin

Comment

Originally posted by Avant S2
                Looks a pretty good effort with the heat shield Ben

Is that the Fisher Price camera Beetie was on about ?
                These pics where taken with her posh digi cam. I think it's time we invested in a new one. Or at least clean the lens

The filter is oiled but I'm not sure whether to clean it off and run it dry. I think it's the same one as yours Doug. Can't remember the size of the top of my head.

Ben
                the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

I used the heatshield from my 3b airbox, fits quite well, could be improved a bit though. Haven't rigged up a cold air feed yet either
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was told you dont have to oil it, but i think i will do, it is a lot thinner oil than the stuff K+N use apparently so it shouldnt be so much of a problem for the maf.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X