EGT Guage fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGT Guage fitted

Finally got round to getting this sorted, i got hold of a greddy guage very cheap from ebay, but it had no probe, found out a new probe from greddy is £80 so tried the one from farnell like doug and greg are using,

@doug, can these probes be cut down at all? doesn't interfere with anything but could do with being a bit shorter.
    Attached Files

no - you cannot cut it down. - If you want to bend it, use something to bend it round so it doesn't crack.

I wish I had mine fitted - I've lost mine! I might just have to buy all the bits again.

So where did you get an adapter from?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

The highest temp i've seen is 700deg, dunno if thats ok though..lol
      i need to calibrate it really, maybe compare it to what mihneas reads at the next mapping session.
      Attached Files

Comment

I persuaded someone at work to make 2, got 2 M12x1.5 bolts from the stealers, they are the ones which bolt the front caliper carriers to the hub, then cut them down in length, and drill/tap the end.
        do you want the other one? i didnt know if you'd sorted yours yet.

martin

Comment

What boost gauge is that Martin?
          Perfect for what i want, and it's in bars!!

Comment

Martin - I think if you are getting 800deg C then you are running close to the limit Mihnea will map it to - so you could be running rich since it is cooler - you need to do long WOT runs to see what it goes upto.

I had an adapter but it broke - because the thread down the middle was too close to the M12. If yours is good though - I wouldn't mind one - thanks.
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

@jamo, gauge is from graham goode, its the closest match to the other gauges ive found.

martin

Comment

Looks good mate, I need to get hold of another EGT probe since the one fitted at min has gone **** again.

Greg
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Damned good idea! 700 deg is about right, could pop up past 800 for short bursts. The thing that really got me with the EGT (not on my S2) was how quickly the temps drop. It can drop 200 deg in only the time a gearshift takes!!

Comment

Working...
                  X