Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stainless steel exhaust 4rm motorist centre !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless steel exhaust 4rm motorist centre !!!

hello guys
    i went to the motorist centre the other day enquiring about stainless steel
    exhaust which are custom built they do various designs. I was talking to the guy he said that they could sell me a system without a cat in but they coudnt fit it. So i asked for one with a cat in he goes they could do that for £400 plus they would give me for another £100 a cat bypass pipe which i would have to get fitted my self, when it comes for the MOT ALL I WOULD DO IS TAKE IT OFF AND PUT THE CAT BACK IN

what do u think guys do you rekon it sounds anygood ??

Bout the right price, dont have to put the cats back in if you've got a friendly Mot tester
    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Originally posted by Anees786
      hello guys
      i went to the motorist centre the other day enquiring about stainless steel
      exhaust which are custom built they do various designs. I was talking to the guy he said that they could sell me a system without a cat in but they coudnt fit it. So i asked for one with a cat in he goes they could do that for £400 plus they would give me for another £100 a cat bypass pipe which i would have to get fitted my self, when it comes for the MOT ALL I WOULD DO IS TAKE IT OFF AND PUT THE CAT BACK IN

what do u think guys do you rekon it sounds anygood ??
      They can design a system but cannot fit it - that's just silly... There's other reputable custom exhaust places around that will design and fit what you need - with or without a CAT. What exact age is your car - it may not require a CAT to pass MOT emissions test.

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

my car is 1995 model s2, apparently if your car is made 1991 and afetr then you dont need a cat fitted. I asked him the same question he goes legally we can supply the exhausts but we cant fit them we could get fined.
        im just wondering you might not be able to maximum performance out of a custom exhaust or can u ???

Comment

BS, you cant get fined as a garage for taking out a cat. What a load of crap. Any car built after 1992 on a K plate, MUST have a cat. So they dont even know the law!
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
          X