Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inlet manifold, injector angle, placement and spacing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inlet manifold, injector angle, placement and spacing.

I'm getting close to finalizing my reverse inlet manifold now and currently working out the injector angle (which I worked out to be 23.5 deg, any input welcome here).

I know the importance of getting this spot on as petrol on cylinder walls 'leaking' in to the chamber will result in poor performance and possibly failure of the engine if its really bad. the question I have is what if any difference will items like this have on the fuel delivery in to the bores through the head? http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-...0oa474g72lu617
    Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

i cannot answer specifically, all i was told that since the injectors are sitting a bit higher, the spread of the pattern is a bit wider, and that is not a bad thing. (crude explanation, but i have no more intricate details on that)

Comment

I know the pattern is wide, especially with the later ABY and AAN ones, surely being further is worse as the petrol will collect on the head?

Comment

i dont know about that.

would there be any symptoms from a running engine? cause i havent noticed anything.

Comment

This is why im asking this question, any advancments on 23.5 deg?

Comment

Guess not then!

Comment

Working...
            X