Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" stainless tube and bends

Hi,

I'm planning on having a go at making a 3" downpipe and side exit exhaust. Has anyone got any suggestions of the best (cheapest) routes to getting hold of the stainless tube, transitions and bends? I've seen loads of places on flea bay and the usual Jetex stuff, just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for companies in the UK?

I was going to tack it up with a mig and then take it to a local place to have it Tig welded.

Cheers, Steve
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Pipewerx have always been good to me, if your cheeky enough you can barter a good price and delivery. Good bunch of lads down there
    2000 B5 A4 Quattro Sport ~ 2.0 20V GT30R ~ Gone
    1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
    1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

There is a small company in bradford i went to to get my bits, cheap and good quality, not sure if they will deliver or not tho. Only did 90 and 45 degree bends wise but i soon fashioned 70.s from 90.s.

Comment

I used pipeline centre for mine £15 each for stainless 90s in 3"

Comment

Cheers chaps I'll check them all out
          91 Modded 3B

Comment

I recently used MIJexhausts on ebay for 3" pipe, flexy and bends also ordered over the phone good service

Comment

Did you get sorted? I have a local guy I use, if you tell me what you need i can get prices for you.

Ivan

Comment

Where did you use in the end Steve out of interest?

Comment

Chris Tullet are really good!
                  1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

I picked up most of my sections from ebay. Looked around at Tullet but their prices aren't cheap. Still have to turn a bunch of pieces into a system!
                    91 Modded 3B

Comment

Is there any kind of guide or dimensioned drawing out there for 3" downpipes? I have access to the material and welders through work but have no idea how to fabricate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X