Boost gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost gone

Car has been flying recently until I took it out yesterday and discovered that it didnt want to boost above 6psi,so I took that at being mechanical boost only.
    Further on my journey I had the temp/coolant symbol start beeping away at me.Oil and water temp were fine,no coolant leaks,although the water temp was right down but it was -10 here.
    got home to have a look,temp would rise whilst car was sitting and idling and fan would kick in,still flashing temp symbol.
    Anyway took out mfts and checked wiring and put back in.temp warning then dissapeard,but still no boost.
    Does the ABY store a code in the ecu to limit boost?I thought the 3B was more affected by this.Mine has 3 pin plug,pulled motor fuses for a few mins to clear any codes but still not boosting.
    Have checked everything else and I mean everything,WGFV,maf,hoses etc etc.

Is my Mfts knackerd and limiting boost or can someone else point me in another direction
    Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
    Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
    Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

The MFTS can only limit boost if it's giving a false reading of >119C on the coolant temp. The easy way to test this is to unplug it and go for a spin. I had a similar issue recently, turned out to the pins in the loom plug corroded.
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Thanks Ross,for that very useful nugget of info
      Pulled fuses again,and dissconnected the MFTS and went for a quick spin and boost is restored.Didn't do WOT too much snow about!:mischeif:
      So I think a new Mfts is on the cards and check the wiring down there too
      Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
      Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
      Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Originally posted by bertman View Post
        ... So I think a new MFTS is on the cards and check the wiring down there too
        There is lots of MFTS info available by clicking on the link and then on the MFTS label on the right side of the diagram when it comes up.

http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...ice%20Map.html
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
        X