RS2 airbox into urquattro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 airbox into urquattro?

I have seen pic's and artical's on 2bennett.com where they have sucessfully fitted Rs2 airbox into a urquattro or 2. Now i don't think there is room to fit one straight in there without modifying the inner wing or the airbox as a standard s2 won't fit. Anyone have any idea how this can be achived? The sound of an RS2 airbox in a UR wound be a great solution. Would it be a case of modifying the bottom haif of the airbox?
    Attached Files
    1986 urquattro 20v 3b

I'm going to weld a B3/B4 inner wing in my type 85 for that reason. I bet you would need to chop a lot of the RS2 airbox to make it fit.

Comment

I wonder which route 2bennet went down, new inner wing or modified rs2box I really don't like the idea of chopping out my ur inner wing. I will email 2bennet as see if they will spil the beans.
      1986 urquattro 20v 3b

Comment

Got an email back from 2bennett this mornig. Seam they just modify the airbox and keep the original inner wing. Would love to see what they change.

"Yes we offer the RS2 air box modified to fit with your stock/OEM apron. Cost for the airbox ready to bolt in is $1195."
        Last edited by dirtybarry; 29 February 2012, 11:42.
        1986 urquattro 20v 3b

Comment

Tonks fitted 3b airbox to UrQ, so i would think the modification would be similiar!
          Search his threads for an explanation.

Comment

I have an aby one on mine. As the factory cut the inner wing to mount the rr box I did the same.
            Surely moding the box will make it tiny like the wr. Seems a bit pointless and very expensive!
            Rob..
            94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
            87 UR 20v ABY
            97 S6 Avant
            96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
            1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

As I recall the only mod was lopping a lug off!
              I have had a quick look through his posts but it must be further back than you can look!

Comment

The 3B filter box is a fairly straightforward fit and used it on mine for last 3 years, however the filter size in these is the same as that used on the Normally Aspirated KV 136bhp engine and a bit restrictive once even a re-map is carried out.
                The ABY/RS2 definately will not fit without mods. I was going to fit the RR quattro airbox until I found they were NLA and daft prices 2nd hand so fitted my own solution. Though the only downside is that you can now hear every chirp, whine and whistle from the turbo

Pics below are of a mates solution with RR box and mine.

My new install.

1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

doesn't look too bad, I'll stick with my plan welding another inner wing in though.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybarry View Post
                    Got an email back from 2bennett this mornig. Seam they just modify the airbox and keep the original inner wing. Would love to see what they change.

"Yes we offer the RS2 air box modified to fit with your stock/OEM apron. Cost for the airbox ready to bolt in is $1195."
                    lol nice price!

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                    I have an aby one on mine. As the factory cut the inner wing to mount the rr box I did the same.
                    Surely moding the box will make it tiny like the wr. Seems a bit pointless and very expensive!

Comment

How big is air filter element in RS2 airbox?
                      This is A4 B5 1.8T vs typ85

When air filter element is cut and paper wide open
                      B2 ~13440 cm^2
                      B5 ~16800 cm2
                      5vtq gte

Comment

RS2 Airbox in Urquattro

Hi All,

I did use a typ89 inner wing and adjusted the RS2 Airbox.
                        Here are some pic's
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X