Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverse wagner IM catches sensor

Hi,

Just a headsup really and to see if im alone...I've just broken another IAT sensor in the end of the wagner intake.

This is the third one since the install. Thought i'd slipped with a spanner and maybe damaged the first. Then the second i put down to unlucky but after a heavy launch last night the idle went up to 1100 and wouldn't come down. I had a look today and spotted/heard it. Im guessing the engine moves in a certain way that catches something there.

I have 034 street density gear and motor mounts and poly snub less than 10,000 miles ago so movement must be v.Minimal.

Going to blank it off and fit a bung and sensor in the IC outlet. Not ideal but its all wagner silicon hose from ic to tb and i'd rather not hack it up.
    Last edited by QuattroFever; 3 March 2012, 20:01. Reason: title sounded harsh
    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

I have one OEM left from AAN manifold if you need it PM me...

Comment

Bit misleading title the Wagner IM doesn't damage the sensor you have engine movement
      I have a stroker with way more power and don't suffer this problem

Comment

I have non oe stiffer mounts all round. I cant see how i should need solid mounts to run a manifold.

I guess i drive mine harder.
        Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Also the snub is inside the wagner crossmember which has a circular cup. only has around 15mm of play around it with the 034 poly snub. So movement has to be v.Little. Someone might have idle woes and not know it's cracked.
          Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

No disrespect don't blame a part for obvious failures in other places
            Btw do you think you drive harder than Doug and Audiman or the other multiple car setups running reverse ims?
            You have engine movement if at rest there is clearance but non during acceleration how is it the IM causing your issues ditch your 034 mounts IMO they are more a cause of your issues

Comment

Obvious failure...Insulting intelligence. I'll try not to be disrespected by that.

Might as well of said no disrespect but screw your mother.

Please read the OP with your friendly glasses on. That is why i posted this thread to see if anyone else has had the same problems. Not asking for a fix.
              If it went dead and i find my answer then so be it? I know there have been a few fitment probs rgd wagner manifolds and thought this may point out an area of concern. Not a bad thing.

The driving hard thing as well...It was a bit of banter, not meant to be taken personally, you're taking this a little serious spouting names don't you think?

What is it with all the hostility here these days?
              Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

What is it with all the hostility here these days?[/QUOTE]

lol,your right about that!!seems there's lots moving from here because of this!!

back on subject...is there any signs on the bonnet(scratches,marks) where you can see where the iat is catching????

mine is in urq so i have plenty of room but b3/b4 is closer

Comment

Do you have a dual mass flywheel with the spacer between gearbox and block?
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
                    Do you have a dual mass flywheel with the spacer between gearbox and block?
                    i dont think this will make a difference!!

surely the manifold is designed to accomadate this

i have dmf and spacer on urq and all is ok

Comment

I have new engine mounts, new gearbox mounts, Diesel block, and the stock sensor made an impression on the insulation material. The same also on the other side of the stock IM at the front of the engine.

Small differences can make a big difference at the end and many things on many aftermarket parts are not designed for higher tolerances...(about IM think ISV plug, steering Pump brackets,cruise control provision ect)
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

i see what you meen..15mm at the rear is a LOT more at the front,could bo down to is-alighned subframe also as the g/box is on this

Comment

Might be worthwhile measuring the distance between the back of the engine and the bulkhead, there is a bit of movement on the mounts and i've heard of people having to re-undo them so they can move the engine back, this might need to be the case with yours.

Comment

I vaguely remember some members had to trim a bit out of the bonnet support since they seem to differ slightly on some models
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by QuattroFever View Post
                              Might as well of said no disrespect but screw your mother.
                              LOL

You're not the first with similar issues with this manifold and it's 1 of the reasons I won't use one.

Comment

Working...
                              X