No announcement yet.

Replacememt Exhaust opinions/advice???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacememt Exhaust opinions/advice???

Hi all,

Opinions required...................

Has anyone here any experience of Jetex exhaust systems?
    ie just how quiet are they?? (adverts say "The quite performer " or something along those lines.

I'm curious as mine has still the original Audi exhaust, although not blowing out yet is looking rather on the tired side.
    And from an asthetic point of view i would like something stainless hanging out from under the bumper lol.

When driving my car you can hear no more than a purr from the engine even at motorway speeds, most noise is road or wind noise.......... unless you floor it, then you get the nice induction roar. (i would like to keep it that way)

While test driving a 90q a week or so back with an exhaust system fitted, no idea on the brand.......... the constant droan of it at 60 was very tiring even on such a short run............. Which has kind of made me think another standard replacement might be more suited to me when needed.........

(Car is a 90 2.3E)

Maybe i'm just getting old lol

Any experience or advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA
    Dan.

be prepared to faint at OEM prices....usually possible to get a decent one made in s/s so fit and forget...
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

If you can find one get a milltek

Comment

Further to my reply over on CA, you'll be surprised at how much difference that de-cat pipe I sold you will make to the engine note, will sound deeper and more throaty.

As Jamo has said Miltek make just about the best off the shelf stainless system's, nought wrong with a Jetex system though.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

yep cats on/off makes a huge difference...with my 3b and cats on its actually really nice on the motorway at 80ish - no drone or anything, cats off its got a proper bark about it but believe me it will tire you out as you say on a long run (i did 7-8 hours from Le mans to chamonix in 2010 and my ears were ringing a bit after that (pain was eased by flooring it in the mountain tunnels though)
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

If you want a system for the S2Coupe forget Miltek. They no longer produce for Coupe. I have chased around the country for most of their distributors and no one had any left! Der. I would have had a system otherwise. There is an alternative with the expensive Italian systems forget name at mo but visit DC Perrformance website for details. Not much change out of £1.5-2.0K. Jeeessusss!
            4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
            1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
            2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

My Miltek on an Avant with no cats does sound good, but wasn’t impressed with the fit.

A pair of cat by pass pipes should be your first point of call, before an exhaust change, unless going for a 3” downpipe, then go custom from day one all at the same time.

A custom ss one from someone who knows how to get it to fit, and what boxes to include in the system to get it to allow the engine to breathe, and allow the sound of the five cylinder to be heard by the driver, without being too loud or droning.

No biggy so.

Comment

I got myself one of these a couple of weeks ago, will be fitting it somewhere in the next weeks along with some other parts, so I don't know how it will sound yet, the fit seems to be quite good though.
                http://www.fox-sportauspuff-shop.de/...57.html?page=1

picture: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sportauspuff-...ht_2291wt_1300

Comment

My Miltek on an Avant with no cats does sound good, but wasn’t impressed with the fit.

A pair of cat by pass pipes should be your first point of call, before an exhaust change, unless going for a 3” downpipe, then go custom from day one all at the same time.

A custom ss one from someone who knows how to get it to fit, and what boxes to include in the system to get it to allow the engine to breathe, and allow the sound of the five cylinder to be heard by the driver, without being too loud or droning.

No biggy so.

Comment

Working...
                  X