Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Dez

Hi ppl,

I'm aware that a few ppl have gone down the two car route and got a dieseasal, and the obvious choice is an 80 TDI.

Can anyone tell me where the small pipe connection from the top of the intake manifold is supposed to connect to??? I've had mine a few months now, and I blocked it off to stop it spraying diesel mist over the engine bay when I got it .

Now I am thinking maybe I shoud find out where its supposed to go???

The car is doin 50 m.p.g, so I'm not too bothered, pics would be nice to make it nice and easy for me

Cheers

Roo

I just got an 80 tdi avant - you will need to explain or take a picture of what you mean - and I will have a look.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Its a carry over from the 1.9TD. It was a preasure source for the LDA on the fuel pump. Should have been factroy blocked up, but the plastic bung has dissapered. It would be oil vapour that would or came out with the air not diesel. If you have diesel arround the engine, replace the small hoses between the injectors.

Comment

So mr diesel des - what are the common problems on the 1.9tdi from 1993-1994?

Mine feels a bit flat. I can't use vag-com - they want another £180 for a newer lead so it works!

I need to check the WGFV because I unplugged it and it didn't feel any different to drive. Is this a common problem on this engine?

Another thing is that when the fuel gauge gets to 1/4 tank and you go round a corner it misses - I thought it could just be the guage sender - and it was running very low - but haven't used enough fuel to see how many miles I can get out of 3/4 of the tank.

Any advice welcome - thanks
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Is this the one that is supposed to be capped from the factory?

It was oil mist that was coming out of it, should I be worried about this oil??

Thanks for the help

Roo
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2

Mine feels a bit flat. I can't use vag-com - they want another £180 for a newer lead so it works!

I need to check the WGFV because I unplugged it and it didn't feel any different to drive. Is this a common problem on this engine?

Another thing is that when the fuel gauge gets to 1/4 tank and you go round a corner it misses - I thought it could just be the guage sender - and it was running very low - but haven't used enough fuel to see how many miles I can get out of 3/4 of the tank.

I got one, and i have problems with power... the gas pedal is soft, i keep pushing and nothing happens. it gets some power at the pedal 3/4 floored. I have drived other diesel card and the feeling was totally different - hard gas pedal, just touch it and you go... the fuel gauge is crap also here, would be nice to solve this problem...

weat is a WGFV. i mean... pics, or i wont understand
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2

Hi Doug. Does your car use the hot wire maf or the metal flap maf? Both of those maf's are quite reliable, not like the maf's on new tdi's that are crap. Plug a boost gauge into the pipe that is showen in the picture. You should have 10-14 psi boost at flat out. If it falls of to 7 psi after say 30 seconds then the ecu isnt happy. But you need the vag com connected to really see what is going on there.

On almost all the older tdi's fuel supply is a problem when the tank is low. The injection pump draws the fuel from the tank, and if it gets any air at all, eg going round a bend then the car misses at best. The cure is a swirl pot and external low preasure pump. I get fuel supply problems when below 1/3 tank on the track.

Common problems are holes in air hoses and air leaks. Boost isnt the key to power on tdi,s so disconnecting the the WGF may make little difference.

A set of larger nozzles and a box or chip really gives them a big step up in power with no real MPG hit. Makes then nice to drive, not s2 power, but we could orginisea tdi to do that if you want.

Comment

Yes roo block that pipe.

Comment

Working...
                X